Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2012 MARKING SCHEMES

• 13-06-2012 1:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

does anyone know when marking schemes are released after the sec website?,
    anyone know from previous years:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

I think last year they were put up right before the results, about a week before the day we got them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Just after the results if memory serves me correctly. Before you can view the scripts anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

^^^ That sounds more correct. It's definitely in August anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

I think they only start making the final marking schemes after the last of the exams has finished and they look at the first few exams in the marking confrence. They are never released until after the last exam has been corrected.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,236 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

The original marking scheme will have been drafted the same time as the papers.

Following the marking conference there may be some adjustments, following the correction of the 1st, 2nd and 3rd 100s of papers, it may be adjusted again.

The final marking schemes will be released in time for the viewing of the scripts at the end of August/beginning of September.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 johnjonathan38

Thanks guys:)

Advertisement