Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Henry Hill (Goodfellas) has died

• 13-06-2012 1:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭

I heard him a lot on Howard Stern, interesting life he led!!
    Henry Hill -- the former mobster whose life story became the basis for the movie "Goodfellas" -- died today at the age of 69 ... TMZ has learned.

TMZ spoke with Hill's girlfriend Lisa ... who told us Hill passed away in an L.A. hospital Tuesday after a long battle with an undisclosed illness.

Lisa tells us, "He had been sick for a long time ... his heart gave out."

We're told Hill had focused on mending relationships with estranged family members in recent years ... and Lisa tells us he had made tremendous progress before he died.

Hill leaves behind two children.

Hill was famously portrayed by Ray Liotta in the 1990 classic "Goodfellas."

http://www.tmz.com/2012/06/12/henry-hill-dead-goodfellas/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

No more frozen pizzas then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Bad Panda

They wasted 8 fcukin' aprons on that guy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭Bell Butter

Bad Panda wrote: »
    They wasted 8 fcukin' aprons on that guy!

Go home and get yer fúckin shine box

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

Don't buy wigs that come off at the wrong time.*

*All the good quotes had been taken :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

**** I thought that said Harry Hill

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭Deus Ex Machina

* awaits litany of Goodfellas puns *

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Heard that a few years ago a wonderful Doctor gave this guy 6 months to live. When he couldn't pay his bills, he gave him another 6 months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

thats funny

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭kingtiger

romanticised through Goodfella's

Hill was a despicable character and will not get an ounce of sympathy from me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Dangerous Man

kingtiger wrote: »

FFS just make with the Goodfellas puns will ya?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

"As far back as I could remember I always wanted to be a gangster"

- the greatest opening scene in any film in my opinion. Sets the tone perfectly for the rest of a classic film.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

That's a shame, always liked TV Burp.

Goodnight sweet prince.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

I suspect we have only read/heard about a small section of his past crimes.

not even one ounce

i agree, can we get a mod in here to ban/warn users of non goodfella pun posts?

its very frustrating :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

thats funny

Funny how? What the fcuk is so funny about that?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Who reported my post to the mods? :mad:

never rat on your friends and always keep your mouth shut

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,789 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

I don't know how to make a restaurant???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,255 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

SeaFields wrote: »

Like, funny 'haha' or what?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Naked Lepper

he was a snitch

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

Temaz wrote: »
    I heard him a lot on Howard Stern, interesting life he led!!

http://www.tmz.com/2012/06/12/henry-hill-dead-goodfellas/

Just remember that Hill was a rat. He sold out his friends to save his own arse.

Good riddance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 833 ✭✭✭southcentralts

You know, they always called each other moderator. Like you said to, uh, somebody, :You're gonna like this guy. He's all right. He's a moderator. He's one of us.: You understand? We were moderators. Wiseguys. But Jimmy and I could never be made because we had Irish blood. It didn't even matter that my mother was an admin. To become a moderator of a crew you've got to be one hundred per cent Internet so they can trace all your relatives back to the old country. See, it's the highest honor they can give you. It means you belong to a family and crew. It means that nobody can **** around with you. It also means you could **** around with anybody just as long as they aren't also a moderator. It's like a license to steal. It's a license to do anything. As far as Jimmy was concerned with Tommy being made, it was like we were all being made. We would now have one of our own as a moderator.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭UglyBolloxFace

Rest in peace, rest in peace.

/end of inside quote

SeaFields wrote: »

haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa yu almoist gohme der

• Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭andrew241983

He betrayed everyone he worked with and mad all his money with tut tut

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Bad Panda

He betrayed everyone he worked with and mad all his money with tut tut

I'd betray all the pr!cks in this office if it would set me free!

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Darkest Horse

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Why was he never whacked after he came out of hiding?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

RIP Henry, can't have been easy living like a schnook.

• Advertisement

with Tommy being made, it was like we were all being made. We would now have one of our own as a moderator.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=4995

tommy only has one post so i wouldnt bet on him being a moderator, they'll probably whack his account though :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

The Lucchese Crime family pays its respects. A mobster dies from natural causes, That always an impressive feat, even for a rat bastard.

I was dier wen they wacked big Paulie, Paul Castellano, Gotti was one lucky fook to survive that period.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

I don't think he was glorified in any way in goodfellas, the movie showed the mafia up for the real scumbags that they are.

tallus wrote: »
    I don't think he was glorified in any way in goodfellas, the movie showed the mafia up for the real scumbags that they are.

yeh but they were the good scumbags

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

yeh but they were the good scumbags

Isn't the term "good scumbag" something of an oxymoron ?

Not possible imo.

• Advertisement

tallus wrote: »
    Isn't the term "good scumbag" something of an oxymoron ?

Not possible imo.

so here's how it goes, within the scum bag community they are all scum bags, and they think some of them are good and some not so good.

I thought an oxymoron was some stupid person who likes oxo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Father Damo

Biggins wrote: »
    I suspect we have only read/heard about a small section of his past crimes.

It did always strike me as odd that he managed to be tight in the trio of the real life Jimmy Conway and Tommy for close on 20 years, with all the murders those two guys commited, and yet he seemed to get away with helping out in a few robberies, drugs, body disposal and dishing out minor beatings? And that he was never directly asked to take part in a murder until the one in Florida which he suspected was a trap to lure him?

I think there are one or two more serious stories the FBI told Henry not to talk about for everyones benefit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

'' I want my money Jimmy ,I wan't my money , I want it now ''.

''Don't you know how much this hair piece has cost me ? ...where's my fcuking money Henry '' ?

( plays piano solo at the end of Claptons Layla )

Same way few if any Loyalists or IRA men released early have been gunned down by the rival side. Years pass, people lose the hunger for vengence, it is likely many of those he convicted 32 years ago are dead or old men who are either still jailed or lack the physical get go to be shooting people, and many of the ones leftover (or their children) realise in the cold light of day that they would be the first suspects for his murder and it is not worth ruining their current busines over it (he lived mostly on the west coast- it would be pretty hard with the amount of CCTV and other methods of recording people travelling, for a New York hitman to travel that far, kill him, and get back to NYC unoticed)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Most of the people he had betrayed were dead or in prison at that point and I'd say he was probably heavily disguised whenever he visited New York later in his life. Possibly with a fake moustache and a comical wig.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Dangerous Man

I remember seeing a segment of an interview with Henry Hill standing in the Nevada desert talking about his time in the mob 'yeah, we buried a lot of problems in this desert -a lot of problems.'

I'm sure he was up to his neck in it like most of them.

Most of the people he had betrayed were dead or in prison at that point and I'd say he was probably heavily disguised whenever he visited New York later in his life. Possibly with a fake moustache and a comical wig.

Maybe they will do a sequel covering his days in witness protection

[IMG][/img]http://i4.ytimg.com/vi/OGzCjxvoJNI/mqdefault.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Same way few if any Loyalists or IRA men released early have been gunned down by the rival side. Years pass, people lose the hunger for vengence, it is likely many of those he convicted 32 years ago are dead or old men who are either still jailed or lack the physical get go to be shooting people, and many of the ones leftover (or their children) realise in the cold light of day that they would be the first suspects for his murder and it is not worth ruining their current busines over it (he lived mostly on the west coast- it would be pretty hard with the amount of CCTV and other methods of recording people travelling, for a New York hitman to travel that far, kill him, and get back to NYC unoticed)

As above, also the fact that if anyone was to kill him, his case would get possibly ULTRA massive profile in the worlds media, big time.
    It would have been one thing to make a relative unknown person vanish or even a semi-famous person, but for the world wide notoriety he got up to his death, those still around that wished him ill, probably said begrudgingly "Fcuk him - he's not worth the hassle!"

The media backlash alone would have kept up serious pressure on investigators till they got someone - and anyone ordering a hit or doing it, would know it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

Yeah, you were always fuckin' late, you were late for your own fuckin' funeral.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭Bell Butter

El Siglo wrote: »
    Yeah, you were always fuckin' late, you were late for your own fuckin' funeral.

Gimme the fúckin money! Gimme the fúckin money, TO-DAY! TO-DAY! TO-DAY!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

It did always strike me as odd that he managed to be tight in the trio of the real life Jimmy Conway and Tommy for close on 20 years, with all the murders those two guys commited, and yet he seemed to get away with helping out in a few robberies, drugs, body disposal and dishing out minor beatings? And that he was never directly asked to take part in a murder until the one in Florida which he suspected was a trap to lure him?

I think there are one or two more serious stories the FBI told Henry not to talk about for everyones benefit.

I saw him in an interview though admitting to killing three people. There may have been more or that could've been embellished. Hard to say with a guy like him tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭PK2008

Do you think we're here to amuse you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

still one of the best single take shots in cinema history

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

The dolly-zoom shot at the diner was pretty iconic too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭tdv123

Take him to Ben Casey's the little prick, let him crawl there like he crawls for the ****in drinks

Hiz ballz are all shattered.

• Advertisement
Advertisement