Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overclocking on a Z77 Asrock pro3

Options
  • 13-06-2012 2:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭

I've been told this isn't the greatest board to overclock on. Something along the lines of heat generation being worse. I'm curious to know if this'll be an issue with only light overclocking? CPU is i5 3570k, air cooled with an aftermarket cooler. I won't even be overclocking for a year or so when it'll be slightly outdated.

I would go for an extreme, but it's 30 quid more. Any recommendations? Should I stick with or change?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Eboggles

I've been told this isn't the greatest board to overclock on. Something along the lines of heat generation being worse. I'm curious to know if this'll be an issue with only light overclocking? CPU is i5 3570k, air cooled with an aftermarket cooler. I won't even be overclocking for a year or so when it'll be slightly outdated.

I would go for an extreme, but it's 30 quid more. Any recommendations? Should I stick with or change?

Where'd you hear it wasn't a good overclocker? I've the P67 Pro3 and it seems to be great, as are most of AsRock's boards. I'd say keep the Pro3.

It's 4+1 phase power so not designed to be an extreme overclocker.

For light/med overclocking, no issue.

At the end of the day that's why any mobo maker has a wide range of boards, you've got to jump in where the features suit your needs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

I have the same board as Boggles and it also seems great. Can instantly hit 4.8 through the BIOS. I can't see most people wanting to go much higher than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Incompetent

Cheers I'll stick with it.

Eboggles, from reading around I came across what I Kill You Scum said, about the 4+1 power phase. I don't know much about it, but I'm not going to be doing any serious OCing so it's grand

Advertisement