Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Things to do in an airport

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

Worst chat-up line evvvvvvvvva.

wasn't meant to be a chat up line... merely a curiousity :rolleyes:

beks101 you know what ya gotta do in the mens toilets now... go forth and have fun

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

beks101 wrote: »
    Guy beside me smells REALLY GOOD

does he work in a bakery? :rolleyes:

also didnt you just ring your bf? :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

What time is your flight?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭clintondaly

Update: I have eaten half the bag of smarties and am presumably fat now and high as a kite.

did you spread some syrup on him?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

wasn't meant to be a chat up line... merely a curiousity :rolleyes:

beks101 you know what ya gotta do in the mens toilets now... go forth and have fun

Counting the tiles can be fun as well :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

EI_Flyboy wrote: »
    Try on ALL the sunglasses you can find!

At the same time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭clintondaly

Tell the guy beside you that you have no Canadian in ya but you would like some.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭beks101

davet82 wrote: »

does he work in a bakery? :rolleyes:

also didnt you just ring your bf? :cool:

Yes, so?

He's wearing something deliciously potent. Maybe Armani. And dressed really well. But looks fairly pissed off

Yes, so?

He's wearing something deliciously potent. Maybe Armani. And dressed really well. But looks fairly pissed off

i think you found your something 'to do' then, try make him smile :)

also remember the different area code rule so it dosen't count :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

Start a sing song, leave a hat out in front of you and you might get some spending money for the wedding.

OR just start asking people "Vere are your papers" in your best German accent.

OR leave a trail of smarties for a fat kid, and see will he follow them like ET

Yes, so?

He probably wants to chat to you and you are ignoring him. Are ye on the same flight? I'm thinking mile high club? Armani I can smell it now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Reoil

Are you attractive though?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

Yes, so?

Maybe because the bored woman next to him keeps not so discreetly sniffing him? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

Probably his sweaty ball-sack.

just flash your bewbs at him to give him the signal :P

• Advertisement

Reoil wrote: »

Are you attractive though?

I'm a filthy ride

Where To wrote: »

Probably his sweaty ball-sack.

Eau de ballsack. Potent alright

I'm a filthy ride

pics or gtfo :D

sorry but it just had to be said

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

They have airports in Canada now? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭rainbowdrop

Copy what this mentaller did, steal a vehicle and drive it around the tarmac. Give the lads in the emergency services something to do for the afternoon:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

Write "There's a BOMB on the plane" and your passport number on the jacks roll.
    Should be great craic altogether.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 125 ✭✭Madame K

Explore glory holes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭mauzo

Walk around the airport, every time you pick up your bag pretend to get an electric shock off it. YOu probably won't make it to the flight ...

Lie on the ground with a pair of jocks on your head and practice your swimming for your holiday...

Put on jenna marbles on youtube and amuse the people sitting around you.

or, have a few drinks, read a magazine ...whichever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Just go and have a biiiiiiiiiiiiig shite!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Make a "God hates TSA" sign and picket the security line.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

Start watching nyan cat with the sound on. make loads of friends

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭Taco Corp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

It's a bit late now but what I like to do is spend the day before hand drinking heaps of pints of Guinness.

ScumLord wrote: »
    It's a bit late now but what I like to do is spend the day before hand drinking heaps of pints of Guinness.

I'd say that plane would smell delightful!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Lustrum

[/B]

If you ask them how to spend your time, they should have the answer.

This post should have more thanks for pure ingeniousness! Also, Mr Crinklewood, pat yourself on the back for this post, and the hot Euro 2012 girlies!

PS. Sorry for hijacking this thread, Beks you should spend your time chatting up the boarding crew and try get yourself upgraded!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

syndeyfife wrote: »
    Not just the plane the entire terminal gets to enjoy the aroma of Guinness farts before they leave the country. I mean heaps of Guinness.

ScumLord wrote: »
    syndeyfife wrote: »
    Not just the plane the entire terminal gets to enjoy the aroma of Guinness farts before they leave the country. I mean heaps of Guinness.

Whenever I see someone drinking Guinness in the airport I pray I end up beside the screaming baby for 8 hours.

I hate Guinness farts...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Create a sign that says 'Hairy McBallsack" and stand at arrivals pretending you're waiting for someone of that name!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

Troll other passengers by finding a gate where the flight won't be leaving for about an hour. Start to queue, and many of the people sitting waiting will immediately start queuing behind you. Herd mentality, you see.
    When you've about ten people behind you the queue will be self-sustaining. At this point, act like you forgot something and leave the queue. Some people will be a little suspicious but will stay in the queue out of fear of being wrong.
    Go find another gate and repeat. Soon you'll have most of the passengers queuing for their flights 60-30 minutes before they're due to depart.

That, or an 80s duty-free shopping montage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

Troll other passengers by finding a gate where the flight won't be leaving for about an hour. Start to queue, and many of the people sitting waiting will immediately start queuing behind you. Herd mentality, you see.
    When you've about ten people behind you the queue will be self-sustaining. At this point, act like you forgot something and leave the queue. Some people will be a little suspicious but will stay in the queue out of fear of being wrong.
    Go find another gate and repeat. Soon you'll have most of the passengers queuing for their flights 60-30 minutes before they're due to depart.

That, or an 80s duty-free shopping montage.

Post number 85?! I am dissapoint with you moo! :(

Post number 85?! I am dissapoint with you moo! :(

I was working :(.

But even though she's on the plane now, this thread needed my wisdom.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,807 ✭✭✭take everything

OK mom

Pretty sure mom's being ironic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

Hmmm It sure did... Better late then never I guess...:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭BIG BAD JOHN

Write another 300 words of your groundbreaking novel.

• Advertisement

she's not on the plane, she's off having fun with mr.armani i reckon ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

That's Busáras on a Friday evening! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭Irishgoatman

Update: I have eaten half the bag of smarties and am presumably fat now and high as a kite.

If he smells that good start stalking him as soon as he's on the move.
    Stay really close and keep asking him pointless questions. Age, home town, where he went to school, and can you join him on his flight etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,488 ✭✭✭celtictiger32

i was in an airport a few years ago i think it was spain but cant be 100%, but they had a section in the waiting area with playstations and that for the kids it was great so i went in and threw the kids off and occupied myself for 2 hours

i was in an airport a few years ago i think it was spain but cant be 100%, but they had a section in the waiting area with playstations and that for the kids it was great so i went in and threw the kids off and occupied myself for 2 hours

Hopefully you didn't do that on the plane too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,652 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

1) Make tape with a mixture of a man saying "theres a bomb in here" and banshee wales.
    2) Insert tape into mini tape player and attach to a squirrel.
    3) Let squirrel loose in the air vents.
    4) ???
    5) Profit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Mickey H

dilallio wrote: »
    If you have free wifi, why don't you watch some decent documentaries such as "Final Destination", or "Nat Geo. Aircrash Investigation"

Or the film "Alive".
    Plazaman wrote: »

OR just start asking people "Vere are your papers" in your best German accent.

Trenchcoat, jackboots and "Wo ist eine papieren bitte?" should do the trick nicely.

Good effort everyone, though I may need more. Initial flight got delayed, missed connecting flight so now am waiting on a flight to Atlanta where I'll be stopping over til 10pm tonight. That's 8 hours away.
    And my battery's dying. And I have no charger. And I'm roaming. And I'm surrounded by fat Americans that keep staring at me.

Jesus hates me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,041 ✭✭✭who the fug

buy a charger,

sit down stop roaming. why they looking at you? something unusual about you?

Good effort everyone, though I may need more. Initial flight got delayed, missed connecting flight so now am waiting on a flight to Atlanta where I'll be stopping over til 10pm tonight. That's 8 hours away.
    And my battery's dying. And I have no charger. And I'm roaming. And I'm surrounded by fat Americans that keep staring at me.

Jesus hates me

Some good tips here.

Definitely start with getting an ethnic comic relief sidekick.

• Advertisement
Advertisement