Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

colleague taking photos of work

Options
  • 13-06-2012 2:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭

Hi,

Their is a strange girl working in a food shop with my gf.
    she was constantly making smart comment under her breath at my gf and the supervisor and apparantly there was a row in there one day.

Since then this strange girl has started taking photos of what she considers a job not well done by my gf or the supervisor.

She sends the ones of the supervisors work to the area manager and she sends the ones of my gf to the supervisor.

This is an extremely weird situation in my opinion and would like peoples opinions on the best way of handling it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

I think your gf should raise her concerns directly with her supervisor asking what the purpose of this odd exercise is. I would understand if this was some form of one off unannounced inspection visit by area HQ to check if standards/quality were being maintained but the fact this other girl works along side your GF and the supervisor makes it a bit unusual. The supervisor must know what is going on if the photos taken of your GF's work is being sent to her for evaluation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Tell her to straight to the supervisor.

It's that persons job to sort it out, and tell the supervisor that it makes her uncomfortable and quite frankly, creeps her out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭juan.kerr

Can you be a bit more specific about the pictures she takes? Is it badly stacked shelves or rat droppings?

Maybe shes aspires to be a 'food stylist' like Domini Kemp.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,788 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Taking pictures like that and sending them to the area manager does sound a little like intimidation and bullying to me.

Report it straight away to your supervisor and tell them that you aren't happy with the photos being taken, that you feel that it's an invasion of your privacy, that you view it as bullying and then let management take it from there.

Advertisement