Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Schools in Glasnevin north area?

Options
  • 13-06-2012 3:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭

Hi , thinking about possibly moving to this area.
    I am wondering if there is any decent primary/secondary schools in the area?
    I know Ballymun school is nearby
    Its near Glasnevin avenue near Autobahn pub.
    Any help appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

St Kevins College (boys school) is on Ballygall Rd East. If you carry on up Glasnevin Avenue (going away from Ballymun, toward Finglas) Ballygall Rd east is the first turn left at the roundabout. It wouldn't be a long walk from houses in the Autobahn area.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭Hannibal

Glasnevin North?? the big houses between between Finglas East and Ballymun that's actually nowhere hear Glasnevin.
    For schools you're mostly confined to Finglas East and Ballymun as Glasnevin is a good bit away and there's about 10 primary and secondary schools within a 15/20 minute walk of Glasnevin/Ballymun Avenue including two primary Gaelscoils and DCU is close by aswell. The area near the Autobahn is closer to Ballymun than Finglas so either there or else St Canices Road

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

If you're near the Autobahn then St. Aidan's CBS (secondary school) beside DCU on Collin's Avenue is about a 20/25 minute walk away from there.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Dotsey wrote: »
    Glasnevin North?? the big houses between between Finglas East and Ballymun that's actually nowhere hear Glasnevin.

OP didn't say Glasnevin. OP said Glasnevin North. The area does actually exist. The area that the OP mentioned was renamed Glasnevin North in the early 80's. It used to be called Ballymun. I won't bore you with the politics of it, but trust me, it exists, even though geographically it is indeed closer to Ballymun & Finglas than it is Glasnevin Village.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭Hannibal

ProudDUB wrote: »
    OP didn't say Glasnevin. OP said Glasnevin North. The area does actually exist. The area that the OP mentioned was renamed Glasnevin North in the early 80's. It used to be called Ballymun. I won't bore you with the politics of it, but trust me, it exists, even though geographically it is indeed closer to Ballymun & Finglas than it is Glasnevin Village.
    The politics would be routed in snobbery no doubt ;)

• Advertisement

Nope. The truth is never that simple or one dimensional.

PM me if you want some more deets. I am not going to drag the OP's thread off topic with any working class hero stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭pabloh999

Thanks for replies, fully aware of its geographical location!
    Im from the northside myself, but this area is a little unknown.
    Decent (not rough) primary/secondary school is important

St Aidans is perfect for you so. My whole family went there and my nephews still do.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭lac007

If your near the Autobhann St kevinc is closer than Aidans by about 10 mins walking.

Advertisement