Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone with notepad capabilities

Options
  • 13-06-2012 3:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭

I'm looking to get a new smart phone, but not really looking to fork out the money for a new iPhone.

One of the main things that I use my phone for is taking notes, jotting things down in the note section of the iPhone that I currently have.

Was wondering if there are other smart phones that have a similar application to the notes application on the iPhone.

Have googled a fair bit about phones, but it's not generally something that people are looking for on a phone, so it's a bit difficult to find out.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,002 ✭✭✭kirving

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭Hank_Jones

Hank_Jones wrote: »
    I'm looking to get a new smart phone, but not really looking to fork out the money for a new iPhone.

Thanks for the condescending reply....

But, as I said, I'm not looking to pay too much for a new phone and I could get a new iphone for less the price of a galaxy note (600 euro).

My price range is close to 300.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

I've never had an iPhone, so I honestly don't know what is special about the note taking function.
    I'd imagine there is an Android App available that would do much the same, try searching through the Android Market to see what is available

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

You would get a Lumia 710 or 610 in that price range easily enough. They're Windows Phones, so along with Word, Excel and PowerPoint, you get OneNote which is a great note taking app for both simple quick notes and more structured notebooks. OneNote on your phone also synchronises with SkyDrive, so if you have OneNote on your PC/laptop then your notes and notebooks will synchronise between them, or you can view and edit them through any browser as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Springpad will do this cross platform too.

OP, ANY smartphone you buy will do this....

• Advertisement
Advertisement