Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

In The Name of !@$*%!

Options
  • 13-06-2012 3:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭

So I've just been shredding a few documents when I suddenly noticed a €50 euro note disappearing between the teeth. Managed to get it out but not before it was 3/4 shredded.

What did I do next I hear you ask? Well, I did what anyone would. I turned on my internet making machine and headed off to After Hours to start a thread about it.

However, imagine my dismay when I discovered there was not a suitable smilie that could convey my current emotional state. To put how I'm currently feeling into words would be difficult, the best I can come up with is something like this;

AAawhaaaaaarrrrraaaauuumpphhhh!!

tl;dr version:

Any chance we could have a 'for crying out loud' smiley?

:)
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Why don't you just go to the bank with your note?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

emot-gonk.gif

This?

emot-argh.gif

This?

Or this?
    smiley_panic.gif

In all seriousness, while your plight is indeed terrible, I don't think smilies are a priority for the tech team. Too busy feeding 100 euro notes into the shredder and laughing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Nicola

Silverfish wrote: »
    In all seriousness, while your plight is indeed terrible, I don't think smilies are a priority for the tech team. Too busy feeding 100 euro notes into the shredder and laughing.

No truth in this whatsoever.

It's 200 euro notes.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

No recession in boards HQ wha? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Nicola

No recession in boards HQ wha? :pac:

Well we ran out of teabags earlier this week....that was a dark day.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 503 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Neil

lest not forgot the day we were without coffee. I miss Joey, may he RIP.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Where To wrote: »
    Any chance we could have a 'for crying out loud' smiley?:)

>>>:rolleyes:<<<

(admit it, he's versatile):D

Silverfish wrote: »

Psshaw, don't you know they use €100 notes for toilet paper?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

Psshaw, don't you know they use €100 notes for toilet paper?

Good God! And can that still be used as legal tender?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭OhMSGlive

jd007 wrote: »
    Good God! And can that still be used as legal tender?

Could it ever be used as legal tender in the first place? :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

just for clarification and to stop and rumours....

yes they used €100 notes as toilet paper.

Yes they were used as legal tender, depending on the "wiper" the notes sold for above face value depending on the state (mint to heavily soiled)

supply was tweaked to meet demand through judicious use of prune juice

this was all up until a few years ago when the bottom fell out of the market and users demanded less waste.

Now, we just use the notes to pad vat invoices as they pass through the shredder....

and on that note, thread has meandered enough off topic. time to let it float away. (thread closed)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement