Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

farm bank account

• 13-06-2012 4:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭

I read a read threads here about banks and there approach to farmers.

Who at the minute are the best banks to deal with? We have no loans, overdrafts etc and have been managing to operate the loss making farm so far out of our own 2 current accounts. However its time now to seperate things out and be able to keep the farm seperate from other bank accounts.

What bank do you suggest? :rolleyes:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭reilig

I read a read threads here about banks and there approach to farmers.

Who at the minute are the best banks to deal with? We have no loans, overdrafts etc and have been managing to operate the loss making farm so far out of our own 2 current accounts. However its time now to seperate things out and be able to keep the farm seperate from other bank accounts.

What bank do you suggest? :rolleyes:

I'm a happy BOI customer and have been all my life. But i suspect that this has more to do with the local and knowledgable staff at my branch than everything. Have mortgage with AIB - got through a broker. Have tried to bank with them, but don't like them.

As for approvals for overdrafts & Loans etc. I don't know. I have never had a problem with my bank, but have not had to take a loan for the last 5 years - thankfully.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭Username John

I used to do all my banking in AIB - but changed to PTSB when AIB brought in the quarterly bank charges there a while back.

For the farm account, I just have an ordinary current account with a cheque-book, its not a business account or anything. For me, its just about keeping 'farm money' separate from personal money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭JohnBoy

We just setup a joint current account for now with AIB, They used have the best internet banking in the personal banking space, dont know if it's still the case or not, but it's pretty feckin good.

Looked at their farm package but the charges were way higher, and it made no sense for our small operation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

We're with BOI but one branch wouldn't give us a regular current account and insisted we take a business account.
    Went to another branch and they had no bother at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

with ulster bank have a business account manager was a prick:D s o i changed to a different branch and all is grand, new guy actually answers my calls and emails me:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭razor8

reilig wrote: »
    I'm a happy BOI customer and have been all my life. But i suspect that this has more to do with the local and knowledgable staff at my branch than everything. Have mortgage with AIB - got through a broker. Have tried to bank with them, but don't like them.

As for approvals for overdrafts & Loans etc. I don't know. I have never had a problem with my bank, but have not had to take a loan for the last 5 years - thankfully.

you mean you managed to pay for that big tractor without a loan????????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 577 ✭✭✭theaceofspies

razor8 wrote: »

Must be a teacher/guard or nurse in the family and not telling us:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭reilig

razor8 wrote: »

Tractor is financed through New Holland Dealer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,168 ✭✭✭nilhg

whelan1 wrote: »
    with ulster bank have a business account manager was a prick:D s o i changed to a different branch and all is grand, new guy actually answers my calls and emails me:)

Well my last BM with Ulster was female so your description probably wouldnt be appropriate but the sentiment wouldn't be too far off, though to be fair there was no bad in her just disorganised and as a result couldn't keep things moving through with subsequent problems all round. The new lady is a joy to deal with, that's the way it goes I suppose.

Advertisement