Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shootings in Hillview

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Seany up to no good again

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭membersonly

What's the city coming to blah blah blah...Gardaí are crap etc etc

[/thread]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Was one of my neighbours house. Scumbags in this city who have no consideration for the lives or property of other people. There is CCTV pointing at the house, so hopefully it picks up something and these tramps get locked up for life.

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭bradknowell

dlofnep wrote: »
    Was one of my neighbours house. Scumbags in this city who have no consideration for the lives or property of other people. There is CCTV pointing at the house, so hopefully it picks up something and these tramps get locked up for life.

I didnt know there was CCTV down there. Good job I never speed or do any messing down that end of hillview :s

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

waterford is now the new limerick!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Only without the jobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Hoffmans

nasty carry on but theres plenty of nasty scum popping up around the town not least the crowd hiding under the ethnic minority flag of convience..............

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

Have to say the guards are doing their jobs. We had dodgy people hanging around outside work yesterday with no reg plates, hiding and following the team leader ( who was held up at the bank before Xmas).

It was reported & altho nothing happened yesterday, the guards did come in today. Hopefully they have a idea who it is. Pretty horrible feeling that you can't do your job without fear of being attacked for money.

Hmmm how do I say this without giving out to much information.
    I know one of the people who got the windows shot.
    The person I know is from a very well known very respected family in this estate.
    It's nothing to do with drugs or an ethnic minority.
    The person I know is not involved in illegal activity, he was just in the wrong place at the wrong time.
    Sure people on here and around Waterford will have a game of Chinese whispers ( which in fairness , I'm guilty of over the years) but I know 100% that this person is completely fine in the eyes of the law and whoever done this is just a completly scared bitch of a scumbag.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭Flyin Irishman

Hmmm how do I say this without giving out to much information.
    I know one of the people who got the windows shot.
    The person I know is from a very well known very respected family in this estate.
    It's nothing to do with drugs or an ethnic minority.
    The person I know is not involved in illegal activity, he was just in the wrong place at the wrong time.
    Sure people on here and around Waterford will have a game of Chinese whispers ( which in fairness , I'm guilty of over the years) but I know 100% that this person is completely fine in the eyes of the law and whoever done this is just a completly scared bitch of a scumbag.

Did they deliberately go for his house? Or did they just randomly decide to shoot at a house and he was unlucky?

• Advertisement

I know why the houses were targeted, and I'm pretty sure I know who did it also (Or at least, who ordered the shootings). The above poster is correct. It has nothing to do with drugs and these guys have done nothing wrong. It's to do with something that happened here in Hillview a few months back. Can't say anymore. Just let it go for now. The person who did it will be caught, I'm sure of it - and I hope they lock him up for life.

I know something ye don't know.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 jackdx2

that place is gone to the dogs , wasnt there a house in oak drive vandalised a couple of months ago and a couple of cars done , i wonder was it that house again probably trying to frighten them again , i suppose the cops didnt track down who done that either.

jackdx2 wrote: »
    that place is gone to the dogs , wasnt there a house in oak drive vandalised a couple of months ago and a couple of cars done , i wonder was it that house again probably trying to frighten them again , i suppose the cops didnt track down who done that either.

No, it wasn't that house again. Those people have moved out. Completely different issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 jackdx2

ah right i didnt know that , hope they find who did those shootings , it is frighting to think that someone could just happen to be in the wrong place at the wrong time and could have got hurt or worse, just dont know what kind of people are out there these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

So what is the story behind these shootings? And should people expect more?

Yep expect much more.

longshanks wrote: »
    So what is the story behind these shootings? And should people expect more?

oooopps

jaysus that was close hahaha. I got mixed up with who I was talking to and thought I was in PM mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

Yep expect much more.

Really? And will there be people getting shot this time, or just more windows? Any old fool can shoot a window. Shooting people, apparently, is a different kettle of fish.

Also, what do you mean by 'much more'? Lots of separate shootings, or one or two shootings with lots of targets?

Your above answer just leads to more questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Hoffmans

harry hill ...rip

• Advertisement

Yep expect much more.

What exactly do you mean by this? How do you know there will be more attacks?

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭eolasguy

I thought the news said it it was a two-storey house but a friend said it was one of the bungalows in Oak Drive. Can anyone confirm?

eolasguy wrote: »
    I thought the news said it it was a two-storey house but a friend said it was one of the bungalows in Oak Drive. Can anyone confirm?

It was 2 houses. One of my neighbours in Oak Drive, and another lad's house up the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭marlin vs

Just heard it happened again and guards all over the place, true or not I dont know.

marlin vs wrote: »
    Just heard it happened again and guards all over the place, true or not I dont know.

Really? Better keep my ears open so. Where did you hear that?

I'm only after walking up from nets and didn't.hear anything happening.

Ooops sorry seen time you posted at. I was heading up the road just after midnight and nothing was happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭marlin vs

The voices in me head.

marlin vs wrote: »
    The voices in me head.

Yeah well - Don't spread rumours if nothing is happening. Some people have to live next to these houses that were shot in you know.

It's going to be like the Wild West up there over the next few weeks. I know loads of stuff that I can't say here. Stuff that ye don't know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

It's going to be like the Wild West up there over the next few weeks. I know loads of stuff that I can't say here. Stuff that ye don't know.

What age are you ,
    AND if you really do know stuff and more importantly stuff thats going to happen that might see people getting hurt ,For god sake report it and try help stop it before it starts,

Advertisement