Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shootings in Hillview

• Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

dlofnep wrote: »
    What do you mean unbelievable? You're the one masquerading pretending you have information about future attacks. I know exactly why these attacks are happening, and it's absolutely nothing to do with drugs. Don't be trying to insinuate something that you obviously know nothing about. The fact is - a house was shot at for no good reason, other than some scumbag is afraid to do the time for a crime from a few months back.

if I'm reading between the lines right , This family/homeowners deserves the full weight of the law's support and should be given all the assistance necessary to put this horrible experience to bed .

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭mickmcl09

waterford is now the new limerick!!!

If you're from Waterford city and you love your City, it's a shame that you feel that way. Secondly, you don't want to be comparing Waterford City to Limerick because it's a terrible stigma to have attached to where you're from. Thirdly, stigmatising areas as you might be suggesting has a terrible effect on employment - having worked in Lmerick in the 90's, I saw first hand, how candidates for jobs were struck off immediately based on their address - Waterford is already in a black hole in employment terms, statements like yours make it bigger.

Finally, there are at least 5 areas, maybe 6 within Limerick City that (each on their own), would put the whole of Waterford City in the shade regarding crime, not to mention people's perceived personal safety when walking (and even driving) in some areas.

Have a bit more pride in your City, it's not near as bad as you think, and far away fields are not all greener in this regard.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,957 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I just have a few things to say on the matter.

Firstly, if anyone has any information regarding what's going on, ye should report it to the Gardai straight away. Anyone who doesn't is as bad as the people doing the crime. There is also the Garda confidential line 1800 666111 for people who don't want to give their details.

Secondly, and i'm sure there are 10's of thousands of people from Limerick who are behind me, but regardless of what the media or anyone else says, Limerick is nowhere near as bad as most people say. It has less crime than Dublin, but because it's smaller than Dublin it gets blown out of proportion. Yes, it may have one or two areas you would feel edgy about driving through, but there are plenty of those areas throughout Ireland. So, lay off Limerick. I'm from there, and i lived in County Limerick for 18 years without incident, and lived in the inner city, near some allegedly "bad" areas, for 4 years, without incident.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Guy Incognito

I only heard about this a couple of hours ago. I used to live on Oak Drive and it seems surreal that something like this is going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭bradknowell

I only heard about this a couple of hours ago. I used to live on Oak Drive and it seems surreal that something like this is going on.

Hmmm I can only think of 3 people I know down that way that moved. Do you have a stomp by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Guy Incognito

Eh, sorry, I have no idea what that means. Moved from there about 12 or 13 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭tobey

everyone in waterford knows who did this and why and how nothing has been done about it is a ****ing joke, the guards would seriously want to pull the finger out now and do something about it before it gets worse

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

Every one might know it, but how many people witnessed it and how many are willing to actually go to court and say they witnessed it.Only so much the guards can do with out any witnesses or evidence unless they actually catch them in the act.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭cococoady

tobey wrote: »
    everyone in waterford knows who did this and why and how nothing has been done about it is a ****ing joke, the guards would seriously want to pull the finger out now and do something about it before it gets worse

Except me :(:rolleyes::(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

cococoady wrote: »
    Except me :(:rolleyes::(
    And me!

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭cococoady

And me!

If ya find out let me no later at db :D:D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,482 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

I know just as much as the Gardaí know. And they know exactly what happened, they will just need to build the evidence for it. Make no mistake about it.

How can you be so sure though?
    Perhaps you have information that the Gardai are not aware of?

I just find it amusing that people are on here saying i know this and that, well lads if you know so much then get in contact with the Gardai and give them any information you have as it may help the Gardai do their job.

Meatwad wrote: »
    Every one might know it, but how many people witnessed it and how many are willing to actually go to court and say they witnessed it.Only so much the guards can do with out any witnesses or evidence unless they actually catch them in the act.

Supposedly there is some evidence on the gun, dont know how true that is though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Cabaal wrote: »
    How can you be so sure though?

I'm friends with one of the families that was hit. I'm absolutely certain the Gardaí know what I know, and more.

This thread should be closed at this stage. All it is an avenue for speculation.

I'm friends with one of the families that was hit. I'm absolutely certain the Gardaí know what I know, and more.

This thread should be closed at this stage. All it is an avenue for speculation.
    Yeah sure the guards where talking to a few of ye down there. Well I know they where talking to who we where with a few days ago. I presume they called to most neighbours

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭marlin vs

Ahh go way,Fighting crime.. in a future time.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭Username99

I heard on the radio that this happened, didn't really give it much thought... Randomly came across this thread.... Now I really want to know what all this is about... Come on someone fill us in, naming no names or anything like that just give us something to go on... Jesus i'm too nosey for my own good