Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin - libraries for studying

Options
  • 13-06-2012 4:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Can anyone recommend which libraries in Dublin are most suitable for studying in?

Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,422 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Most DCC Libraries have desks, quiet areas etc.
    Where are you based?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

kceire wrote: »
    Most DCC Libraries have desks, quiet areas etc.
    Where are you based?

All public libraries I find very noisy most of the times.

OP, are you a student with access to your own college's library. College libraries are the quietest by far in my experience.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,880 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

The research area upstairs in Pearse Street is great -- very quiet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭Boulevardier

Upstairs in Rathmines isn't bad either.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

Well forget about the ilac. Upstairs in Pearse St is definitely the best. If it is your first time there you will have to get a study card from the front desk, then show this whenever you need to be buzzed in or out. You take a card for a desk that is free, your desk is then reserved once this card is on it so you can go off for lunch, leave your stuff there if you like and not worry about losing your desk. There's also toilets and a coffee shop there which you won't find at every public library. It's also one of the quieter libraries I would say.

• Advertisement
Advertisement