Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Junior Cert: 2012 History (HL&OL)

Options
  • 13-06-2012 4:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Ok for some reason I can't see any JC history paper threads up yet, so i'll post it up myself.

How did it go. I wrote so much my arm feels like it could fall of at any point now. My writing just got gradually worse and worse!! You know when you think you've written a sentence and realize its just one big long swiggly line you can't read!!!

PS If there is a thread up already up sorry I just can't find it!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭iliketwixbars

Nice paper :)

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭A7XGirl

Went really well :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭dalta5billion

Did well, considering I have a terrible teacher.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 401 ✭✭Leinsterr

Wrote the full booklet and 3 extra pages. Didn't even do any extra qs. Would I get marked down????

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭paddzdaman

grand paper but some questions were kinda unpredicable (e.g. nazi economy )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 Sophieee

Nice paper, what did every one say for picture 1, where the artefacts were found, i wasnt sure about that

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

so easy. I definitely got an A. Answered everything. I wrote 6 pages for my people in history. 3 an a half for george washington and 2 and a half for an archaeologist. answered all 20 short questions. Pictures and documents were easy. source was very easy
    question 6 was also easy. i did a and d. I loved the question on nazis and the jews. i think i wrote about 2 a4 pages on it . I had to ask for extra booklet.
    so easy.

Sophieee wrote: »
    Nice paper, what did every one say for picture 1, where the artefacts were found, i wasnt sure about that

I said the second one

Leinsterr wrote: »
    I said the second one

i said the middle one or the second one

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭Daledge

Wasn't my best paper, usually do better in history, fairly confident I got an B (Higher level) but I knew I should've studied Washington! For a settler who received land I wrote about group six for the Ulster plantation and still filled up a page, will that do?

• Advertisement

AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO DID B AND C FOR Q6?????? All my mates done A and B

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭iWin1010

It was okay. I normally get A's in history but I don't feel that confident after that. I studied all the wrong things but I gave it a good shot, filled up all the booklet and am hoping to get a B:pac::pac::cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭ImRebecca

Will messy writing lose marks? Mine got messier as the test went on.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭ButtonBox

Went well. :) Easy enough.
    Just glad it's over. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 36 JCHelp

EoghanIRL wrote: »
    so easy. I definitely got an A. Answered everything. I wrote 6 pages for my people in history. 3 an a half for george washington and 2 and a half for an archaeologist. answered all 20 short questions. Pictures and documents were easy. source was very easy
    question 6 was also easy. i did a and d. I loved the question on nazis and the jews. i think i wrote about 2 a4 pages on it . I had to ask for extra booklet.
    so easy.

6 pages for people in history is not good my friend ... The examiner will become bored as the recommended pages for the that question is 2 ... He/ She will start looking for things to mark you down on

• Registered Users Posts: 20 xTwizLaH

Leinsterr wrote: »
    AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO DID B AND C FOR Q6?????? All my mates done A and B

I did A & D .. D was easy but A was fairly hard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭Troxck

I thought it was grand, Irish history threw me off a bit and my question wasn't the best. Still hoping for an A. Also, 3.5 pages in History is good but did you have 10 solid facts? If you didn't it means you probably didn't get full marks. A person could write half a page, 10 solid facts and get full marks.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭blobcat

I was SO annoyed at the People In History questions. Okay, the first one was fine. But the second one? I hadn't a clue about any of them. They chose the only three people I didn't learn about. I probably should have done them but I mean, come on!

Time to google my answers. I really hope Ignatius Loyola wrote a book. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5 MapleLeaf96

so easy.

Seriously!? People in history is only worth 20 marks each, you only needed ten SRS for each :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,183 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

JCHelp wrote: »
    6 pages for people in history is not good my friend ... The examiner will become bored as the recommended pages for the that question is 2 ... He/ She will start looking for things to mark you down on

No, he/she won't.
    It's a little bit annoying to wade through pages of stuff when the maximum marks have already been gained, but no-one will be looking for things to mark a candidate down on.

The Junior Cert. always gives the benefit of doubt to the candidate. It's why people do so well and why it shouldn't be taken as an indication of how someone will do in the Leaving, which is a different ball game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 me.gusta

Delight that the anglo-irish treaty came up!
    But for the people who wrote like more than the booklet,whats the point? 8 facts is enough for people in history?

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭DaleHyland

I did C and D for 6, Archaeologist and Factory owner for 4. I felt it was fair again. I'm sure I got my A. Although I'm not sure about my Holocaust question.

Seriously!? People in history is only worth 20 marks each, you only needed ten SRS for each :)

You need 8 SRS (16marks) and the rest given on impression

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Hannah_2012

i said the middle one or the second one

Whats all the talk about middle & second ones? Dont remember writing about that.:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭Troxck

Whats all the talk about middle & second ones? Dont remember writing about that.:confused:

The VERY first question, the tick the box.

It was the first question. It was two artifacts and it asked you was it from
    A) neolithic era
    B ) pre christian
    C) the medieval

DaleHyland wrote: »
    Although I'm not sure about my Holocaust question.

Was that the question on Nazi & jews or something? what did ya write for that? think I done it wrong, not sure. :confused:

It was the first question. It was two artifacts and it asked you was it from
    A) neolithic era
    B ) pre christian
    C) the medieval

Ah yeah.. haha I said pre christian.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭DaleHyland

Was that the question on Nazi & jews or something? what did ya write for that? think I done it wrong, not sure. :confused:
    (I'd love if spurious could tell me if it's any good. I feel like I focused far too much on hitler.)

Bullet Point Format. (Main point made in each sentence,they were full sentences)

Hitler hated Jews.
    Wrote about his hatred in Mein Kamf.
    At first didn't want to kill them
    Made life hard by introducing Nuremberg Laws (used not allowed to own businesses, wearing star of david as examples of hardship).
    Also made Jews live in ghettos.
    He hoped to make them flee the country.
    This became a problem when he invaded Poland.
    Poland had the highest amount of Jews in Europe.
    Believed he had to use the final solution.
    Jews were holed up in Concentration camps such as Auschwitz and Borgen-Belsen.
    Jews were killed via gasing, mass shooting and either stravation or worked to death.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭Shane Gillespie

almost everything went grand but i was just wondering what people wrote for 6c - the question on the northern civil rights movement ,i think i did it wrong
    Did anyone do that question?

Advertisement