Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Junior Cert: 2012 History (HL&OL)

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,180 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

DaleHyland wrote: »
    (I'd love if spurious could tell me if it's any good. I feel like I focused far too much on hitler.)

Bullet Point Format. (Main point made in each sentence,they were full sentences)

Hitler hated Jews.
    Wrote about his hatred in Mein Kamf.
    At first didn't want to kill them
    Made life hard by introducing Nuremberg Laws (used not allowed to own businesses, wearing star of david as examples of hardship).
    Also made Jews live in ghettos.
    He hoped to make them flee the country.
    This became a problem when he invaded Poland.
    Poland had the highest amount of Jews in Europe.
    Believed he had to use the final solution.
    Jews were holed up in Concentration camps such as Auschwitz and Borgen-Belsen.
    Jews were killed via gasing, mass shooting and either stravation or worked to death.
    Do you remember what the question was?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 LaMwa996

EoghanIRL wrote: »
    so easy. I definitely got an A. Answered everything. I wrote 6 pages for my people in history. 3 an a half for george washington and 2 and a half for an archaeologist. answered all 20 short questions. Pictures and documents were easy. source was very easy
    question 6 was also easy. i did a and d. I loved the question on nazis and the jews. i think i wrote about 2 a4 pages on it . I had to ask for extra booklet.
    so easy.

Jaysus!:eek: I'm hoping my examiner is one of those quality not people:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Oozamine

(I'd love if spurious could tell me if it's any good. I feel like I focused far too much on hitler.)

Bullet Point Format. (Main point made in each sentence,they were full sentences)

Hitler hated Jews.
    Made life hard by introducing Nuremberg Laws (used not allowed to own businesses, wearing star of david as examples of hardship).
    Jews were killed via gasing, mass shooting and either stravation or worked to death.

I think that would get most or full marks,
    I focused on night of broken glass,star of david,numberg laws and how most of the teachers are members of nazi party and how the teachers and jospeh gobbels use propaganda against the jews? Only brieftly mentioned consintration camps :S

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭OwlYouNeed

Lovely paper. :) Did A, B and C in question 6. I was delighted when the emergency came up. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭DaleHyland

spurious wrote: »
    Do you remember what the question was?

Write an account on :
    (c) Nazi's and the Jews.
    (10 marks)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Hannah_2012

Hitler hated Jews.

Seems like alot of writing. :eek: I briefly mention his hatred for them. Then I focused on, night of broken glass, star of david, the nuremberg laws, then wrote about ghettos, and how he ordered nazis to round them up in to camps, then death, gas attacks, holocaust etc. It was about 3/4's of a page. :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,180 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Write an account on :
    (c) Nazi's and the Jews.
    (10 marks)

OK, for JC what you have written will almost certainly get full marks.
    If it had been a Leaving Cert. answer you would have scored badly as you only indirectly addressed the question and as you recognised yourself, you answered on Hitler and the Jews rather than the Nazis and the Jews, but really, you (along with many others if the forum is anything to go on) are writing way more than you need in these questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 silentscreams

didnt do the second people in history question>.< i done george washington and all i wrote was "george washington was born in virginia" hahahaha. anyways think i got a high D or a low C. hopefully i passed!:-)) if i studied i would of most definetly get an A. but i have absolutely no interest in history so i didnt bother:-) and not doing history for 5th year so whatevaaaaaa

OwlYouNeed wrote: »
    Lovely paper. :) Did A, B and C in question 6. I was delighted when the emergency came up. :D

I didn't even have time to do an extra question. :eek: I done questions C & D.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Lac21

What exactly came up in Q.5 and Q. 6 A?
    Thanks!

• Advertisement

spurious wrote: »
    OK, for JC what you have written will almost certainly get full marks.
    If it had been a Leaving Cert. answer you would have scored badly as you only indirectly addressed the question and as you recognised yourself, you answered on Hitler and the Jews rather than the Nazis and the Jews, but really, you (along with many others if the forum is anything to go on) are writing way more than you need in these questions.

Thanks for that, I think it's because at least in my case, in order to give a complete account of certain things, you have to go into lots of detail. Are we over learning for Junior Cert? To be honest, I'm like a sponge , I retain lots of information. If I know a lot about a topic, why would I not tell the examiner, as they can only mark what's on the page. I swear I must have given 15 SRS for the Anglo Irish Treaty Q worth only 12 marks, because I had to go into representatives ,terms, DeV didn't like it , Dáil vote , how it came about. I genuinely don't know how it's possible in only 5 SRS, so I think that's why we write too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭SdoowSirhc

Troxck wrote: »
    I thought it was grand, Irish history threw me off a bit and my question wasn't the best. Still hoping for an A. Also, 3.5 pages in History is good but did you have 10 solid facts? If you didn't it means you probably didn't get full marks. A person could write half a page, 10 solid facts and get full marks.

Happy to hear somebody that agrees with not writing enormous amounts for low marks! Every JC thread on this has people saying they done 3 pages or 5 pages or whatever for question worth 15 or 20 marks. I thought 20 marks would be around a full page of tight, small writing or a page and a half if you have big writing. I'm getting scared here reading these threads!:P

• Registered Users Posts: 36 JCHelp

Seriously!? People in history is only worth 20 marks each, you only needed ten SRS for each :)

8 SRS = 16marks

4 marks for layout and overall quality

Lac21 wrote: »
    Thanks!

Q5 was the Reformation. There was a paragraph Q on The Council of Trent, Inquisitions or the Jesuits
    6(A) was the middle ages, Lady,Serf,training of a medevial knight were paragraphs there.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Lac21

Lac21 wrote: »
    Thanks!

Q5 was the Reformation. There was a paragraph Q on The Council of Trent, Inquisitions or the Jesuits
    6(A) was the middle ages, Lady,Serf,training of a medevial knight were paragraphs there.

Thought it might be Reformation. That's good. Was helping a cousin to study last night.
    Thanks for that.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 76 ✭✭jd6920s

Our teacher predicted the whole test :rolleyes: even still I doubt if I got an A , prob a B . Couldnt care less though not doing it for leaving :D

SdoowSirhc wrote: »
    Happy to hear somebody that agrees with not writing enormous amounts for low marks! Every JC thread on this has people saying they done 3 pages or 5 pages or whatever for question worth 15 or 20 marks. I thought 20 marks would be around a full page of tight, small writing or a page and a half if you have big writing. I'm getting scared here reading these threads!:P

I agree too! For the people in history questions I wrote a page, to a page & a half. Anytime I write pages & pages of stuff I normally am rambling because I don't know stuff. I filled almost all the booklet except a page or 2. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭Troxck

SdoowSirhc wrote: »

For 12 marks I wrote a page and for 10 I wrote 3/4. Waffling on in History is pointless tbh

Troxck wrote: »
    For 12 marks I wrote a page and for 10 I wrote 3/4. Waffling on in History is pointless tbh

Same. I tend to waffle if its longer than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 sunshine547

(im just using my sisters old account)

Omg you actually scared me for a minute...:L Um I don't know if you just typed it our wrong but it was a Medieval Craftsman not a Medieval Knight. (I just doubled checked!) Luckily I wrote about the craftsman in my exam.
    PS: Good paper!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 iang198

Leinsterr wrote: »
    AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO DID B AND C FOR Q6?????? All my mates done A and B

I did B and c :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

What came up in the international relations section, anyone?

What came up in the international relations section, anyone?

(D) INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS IN THE TWENTIETH CENTURY
    (i) Explain two of the following terms relating to Mussolini’s rule in Italy, 1922-1943:
    Acerbo Law; Blackshirts; Lateran Treaty; Rome-Berlin Axis. (2 x 2)

(ii) Write an account of one of the following:
    (a) Nazi propaganda
    (b) Nazi economy.
    (c) The Nazis and the Jews. (10)

(iii) Select one topic from 1, 2 or 3 below:

Topic 1: The Rise of the Superpowers
    (a) Explain two of the following terms:
    Containment; Marshall Plan; Satellite States; Iron Curtain. (2 x 2)
    (b) Write an account of a named major crisis in the Cold War between the USA and the USSR
    during the period, 1945-63. (12)

Topic 2: Moves towards European Unity
    Benelux Union; ECSC; CAP; Treaty of Rome, 1957. (2 x 2)
    (b) Write an account of the growth of the European Union since 1957. (12)

Topic 3: African and Asian Nationalism
    Empire; Imperialism; Nationalism; Decolonisation. (2 x 2)
    (b) Write an account of the main events in the movement for independence in a named African
    or Asian country since 1945. (12)

The papers are up now on http://www.examinations.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

Many thanks Spurious.

Advertisement