Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick 12v Question

Options
  • 13-06-2012 4:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭

I have an inverter running a 12 v pump for solar water system, pump is having trouble pulling water from tank and I am adding a second 12v pump at the tank, can I run both pumps simultaneously off the one inverter.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,379 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

I have an inverter running a 12 v pump for solar water system, pump is having trouble pulling water from tank and I am adding a second 12v pump at the tank, can I run both pumps simultaneously off the one inverter.

Ummm why would you have an inverter running a 12V pump? :confused: I assume you mean you have an inverter running a 220V pump off a 12V supply?

If your limited to a 12V supply you would be better just running a 12V pump from that and not bother with the inverter. There will be big losses in the inverter.

How much water are you trying to pump? over what sort of height difference? I'd probably get some sort of 12V pump from a boat or a car and just use that.

Something like this:-
    http://www.harborfreight.com/12-volt-marine-utility-pump-9576.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭brightspark

Op, can you post pics of the data plates on the motors and the 'inverter'

My guess is the op has a 220 to 12V power supply, not an inverter

• Registered Users Posts: 5,379 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

Op, can you post pics of the data plates on the motors and the 'inverter'

My guess is the op has a 220 to 12V power supply, not an inverter

If that's the case a 220v pump woukd be the way to go, but we need clarification.

Advertisement