Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Increasing work load

Options
  • 13-06-2012 5:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi There,

My boss has extended the business he owns which will shortly result in my hours and workload increasing by nearly 50%

Last week, I suggested getting a new staff member. To which the owner agreed- to my surprise. Then I found out that he has tried to put up an ad for a Jobsbridge internship (this job is a cleaning position by the way).

He has basically said they extended part of the business will be ready for this Friday morning and so basically the new work is being forced on me.

How can I put my foot down and say no.

I feel so used as I have done this man so many favours by doing extra hours- for free, while he tells me he is going to 'sort the staff situation out'.

Can anyone offer any advice ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,687 ✭✭✭whippet

Inisdom wrote: »
    Can anyone offer any advice ?

I assume you are paid by the hour and work a set number of hours in a shift? if so as long as you are working you'll be paid for what you are doing.

If the work can't be done in the time frame it won't be done ..

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

whippet wrote: »
    I assume you are paid by the hour and work a set number of hours in a shift? if so as long as you are working you'll be paid for what you are doing.

If the work can't be done in the time frame it won't be done ..

No he pays me a flat amount fr the week and has added more and more work into my day. and more hours into my week. No extra pay. I think I am just going to have to leave. My wage is only half minimum hen I counted all my hours up.

Advertisement