Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Movie Quotes Game

Options
  • 13-06-2012 5:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I have thought of a game for us to play to wind down the solitary hours of the early morning.

Below I have included 5 semi-obscure quotes from films (the kind not often quoted when talking about the film) from 5 different genre's for you to ponder over. If you successfully figure out what film a quote is from, please post the answer and include a new quote from said genre or if you prefer switch to a new genre ALONG with the unanswered quotes.

But before we start just a few quick rules.

1. Please do not use films from the last 1 year as not everyone will have seen it.
    2. In order to ensure it is the quote that is obscure and not the film, please only include films with an IMDB rating of 5/10 and higher.
    3. Please do not search for the quote on a search engine, I mean what is the point in that...(unless looking up a quote for replacement) also getting all five with a few quick searches will mean you will have five replacements to find (not as easy as I thought it would be).
    4. To ensure that the film is not identified by the characters name, please use either first name, surname or initials for the quote (unless it is a little known character).
    5. Obscure quotes, but memorable identifiable ones, not like "Hey, look over there" and omit names and places from the quote(if they identify the film).
    6. The genre is not sticky, just a hint as to where the quote comes from and if a film crosses genre's then include them all, the more the merrier.
    7. Please text me all answers for verification. All text's cost €1.85 (kidding) but I think maybe answers in
    spoiler
    format?
    8. Remember it is all just a bit of fun so lets not go looking for the most impossible quote ever.
    9. Quotes are not limited to main cast, even an extra can have a great line, but all quotes must be listed on www.imdb.com/<imdb title format>/quotes page.

Best of luck with a couple of easy ones to start off with.

SCI-FI/HORROR
    Ellen:
    Mother! I've turned the cooling unit back on.

war/satire

Gen. J. D. R.:
    Fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face.

Mystery/Thriller

Brendan:
    Which wall's the door in?

Action/Adventure:

Fiedler:
    *Please* let me follow the nanny. She doesn't shave her legs. Women like that are so... HOT.

Drama/Crime

Hadley:
    Uncle Sam. Reaching into your shirt and squeezing your tit till it's purple.
    Tagged:

Advertisement