Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

You are a skanger if

• 13-06-2012 5:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Plently of skanger threads but how about we nail down some definitions

Last thread for that was three years ago
    So I'm not cluttering up AH here
    I did search before you groan not another skanger thread :)

So tell us, how do we recognize a skanger?

• Your tracksuit is some cheap counterfeit but your runners cost over 100 euro
    • In the evening time you roar at your children to cooooome in for yar taaaaaaay. Jaaaaaacinta will often be used too
    • You have "going out" pyjamas but even though you look like a slob you still wear makeup going to the Spar shop

Any more?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

...you skang more than three times a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,488 ✭✭✭celtictiger32

let the snobbery begin.....................

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

You like to pump out the tuuuuuuunnnnnnnes kid!!!

This is roughly the same answer I put in the last thread.

EDIT: You cut into the lining of your tracksuit so that you can shoplift more stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭Mr Magners

Trackie bottoms mentioned above tucked in to dirty white socks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

If you start or end a sentence with "n'anyways"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

mikemac1 wrote: »
    [*]Your tracksuit is some cheap counterfeit but your runners cost over 100 euro

:confused: they make counterfeits of those yokes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

Orange tan, badly bleached/coloured hair with loads of extensions, alternatively hair can be pulled into a migraine-inducingly high ponytail, cheap 'gold' argos jewellry, nail extensions, fake designer bag, hula-hoop size earrings, permanent scowl.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

...you skang more than three times a week.

Damn right! They call them skangers but you never see them skang.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

MikeMac, I thought you had more sense :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

You're a dickhead if... you like to make fun of people from a lower class background.

• Advertisement

We should start a "have you ever made love to a skanger" thread...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Chucken wrote: »
    MikeMac, I thought you had more sense :(
    Shryke wrote: »
    You're a dickhead if... you like to make fun of people from a lower class background.

Sorry :(

Well there was a thread earlier this week and the OP blasting what they considered a snob in a Monaghan hotel

But people are upset over this thread and not that one?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

Ah, it's nothing to do with lower class backgrounds though.
    It's just to do with being a skanger!
    You can be a skanger and be of any class.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

fcukin bollix... i just realised i'm a fcukin skanger :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,468 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

lower class background != skanger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

smash wrote: »

Much like He-man, you have the power :pac:

But please don't

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

Want to get something off your chest?

Does it include anal?

davet82 wrote: »
    fcukin bollix... i just realised i'm a fcukin skanger :(
    Ewww... Gtfo!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Sorry :(

Well there was a thread earlier this week and the OP blasting what they considered a snob in a Monaghan hotel

But people are upset over this thread and not that one?

The thread..meh!
    Your esteemed self starting it.... :eek:
    ;)

Ewww... Gtfo!

no point hiding it now...

DO YOU WANT YOUR FCUKIN' GO!! :mad:

:P

• Advertisement

Want to get something off your chest?

Does it include anal?
    It could.

I always assumed that skangers like it rough, but then I realised that they probably don't and instead it's just my deep want to hurt them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

You often loudly proclaim "I'm off me box!!" from the back of a Dublin Bus

Johnnie Blue is your cigarette of choice

Nothing wrong with the brand but you are a skanger if you say that to the shop assistant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Funglegunk

if you consider getting in a fight a good night out.

seriously though i've 2 from the list already, where can i get de-skangerised?

Ah, it's nothing to do with lower class backgrounds though.
    It's just to do with being a skanger!
    You can be a skanger and be of any class.

Nonsense, it just so happens that almost all are lower class. It's an inherent thing for the poorer off everywhere. You're jumping through hoops to justify slagging off people who were born and raised in an environment/social strata that breeds "skanger" type behavior.
    I don't mind a bit of a laugh but I see way too many people being consistent and serious in bashing certain types on here. It would be great if we could all be as well off.
    There's a real ugly side to this kind of thread and you don't have to look too deeply to see it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭yore

Should I give the same response? I think I should, but I need to check up what this craic with yellow cards means.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=79175413&postcount=2

Anyone know if it's possible to get double infractions for the same post? Or for linking to a previously infracted one :-)

Mod: Banned.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 whaco

You are a skanger if .....You look like this

542126_3800850912715_1695208836_n.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Syllabus

if you say 'afeared' but mean 'afraid'

if you drive a an '08 BMW but ask for 'the cheapest tyres yiser have bud'

if you're from the northside!!!

if you have a hairy lip and you're under 45 yrs old

if you're on the dole and cant afford a TV licence or road tax but you pay €600 for a communion dress and €300 for a party after

if you get out of a car full of kids in your PJs smoking while 7months pregnant to go into to Spar to get a can of coke and a packet of onion rings for the kids school lunch

i could go on...

• Advertisement

yore wrote: »

Anyone know if it's possible to get double infractions for the same post? Or for linking to a previously infracted one :-)

Double Jeopardy

The mods can't whack you twice for the same thing :)

Saw it on TV, must be true

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭antonymous

If you call yokes/pills billy baloopas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Nonsense, it just so happens that almost all are lower class. It's an inherent thing for the poorer off everywhere. You're jumping through hoops to justify slagging off people who were born and raised in an environment/social strata that breeds "skanger" type behavior.
    I don't mind a bit of a laugh but I see way too many people being consistent and serious in bashing certain types on here. It would be great if we could all be as well off.
    There's a real ugly side to this kind of thread and you don't have to look too deeply to see it.

Its not nonsense. Not everyone from lower class background becomes a skanger. Also I know a few from middle class background who turned into skangers when they grew up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

No this is nonsense. I know people from "lower class backgrounds" and they are not skangers, I also know people from "really good backgrounds" that are.

It's a frame of mind and an attitude, not a class or money thing.

EDIT: Just saw the above post, oh well. Those agile pandas win again.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭johnROSS

hair shaved to a 1 on top, 0 at the sides. Fake nike airmax tracksuit (preferabbly in neon orange or green livery) White scummy trainers, which you call "tackies"

Its not nonsense. Not everyone from lower class background becomes a skanger. Also I know a few from middle class background who turned into skangers when they grew up.

Did I say everyone was?
    Did I say the middle class didn't have a few scummy types?

I said that most skangers come from lower class backgrounds. You're putting words in my mouth and you're missing the meaning of my post.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,679 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Orange tan, badly bleached/coloured hair with loads of extensions, alternatively hair can be pulled into a migraine-inducingly high ponytail, cheap 'gold' argos jewellry, nail extensions, fake designer bag, hula-hoop size earrings, permanent scowl.

Traveller women?

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭mrroboito

This thread is just offensive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

Nah - I personally used to know literally hundreds of people from around where I lived who were most definitely skangers - it was a typical middle class suburban area.

And actually my sister still lives there, and jesus her millions of friends are complete skangers.

It's a way of being, nothing to do with class at all.

Some of the least skangery people would be typical born and bred working class.
    It means nothing imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Mance Rayder

Syllabus wrote: »
    if you're from the northside!!!

1: Tallaght, Inchicore, Clondalkin.
    2: Clontarf, Malahide, Raheny

:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭KingK

I know loads of very nice people who you would never in a million years call a 'skanger' from areas i'm sure alot of you on here would associate 'skangers' with such as Finglas,Ballyfermot and both the North Inner City and the South Inner City.

At the same time I know young lads and girls also from 'posh' areas such as Clontarf,Howth and Sutton to name a few that dress and carry on like 'skangers'

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

your a skanger if you have any of the below

A honda civic - modified of course, with the sticker "powered by the dole" proudly shown - a honda civic is considered the cream of skanger transport, only rivaled by dublin bus

In said car there are about 10 young ones crammed into it because its a "savage yoke" and this will get you noticed

you elongate every ending of your sentences ya knowwwww

congregate at chippers for something to do
    then you have the posh skangers, the ones from the better off classes as they like to be known, they're basically the same as above but instead of having civics they have flashy minis, bmws and such and we all know daddy paid for that now don't we

The dart is also know as the "darsh"

In saying all this most of my friends come from "poor backrounds" and they hate skangers, so i agree not everyone's like this but for the ones who are well that's usually what i see around

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭du Maurier

Non-stop spitting on the pavement, or anywhere for that matter. Not just a mild-mannered spit, but preceded by the loudest, filthiest grunt before expelling the gob.

Constantly asking for cigarettes, change for a bus etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Funglegunk

KingK wrote: »
    I know loads of very nice people who you would never in a million years call a 'skanger' from areas i'm sure alot of you on here would associate 'skangers' with such as Finglas,Ballyfermot and both the North Inner City and the South Inner City.

At the same time I know young lads and girls also from 'posh' areas such as Clontarf,Howth and Sutton to name a few that dress and carry on like 'skangers'

And how do these two groups carry on like skangers?

Nah - I personally used to know literally hundreds of people from around where I lived who were most definitely skangers - it was a typical middle class suburban area.

And actually my sister still lives there, and jesus her millions of friends are complete skangers.

It's a way of being, nothing to do with class at all.

Some of the least skangery people would be typical born and bred working class.
    It means nothing imo.

That's fair enough. In my area it's a different story and it does mean something. It just goes to show somethingsomething.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Mance Rayder

Skang is a sub-culture, not a class. The Skangers around my area drive Audis and can afford to party 7 nights a week. Its easy when they suppliment the dole with selling hash.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

You are a skanger if you end every sentence with d'knowhatImean, without waiting for a response.

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,787 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

If you start or end a sentence with "n'anyways"
    ....and end it.

Edit: I need to learn how to read.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭antonymous

Surprised dutch gold hasn't been mentioned yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Mickey H

davet82 wrote: »
    seriously though i've 2 from the list already, where can i get de-skangerised?

Out the back Dave with the soap and the wire brush. Cold water FTW. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭mauzo

antonymous wrote: »
    If you call yokes/pills billy baloopas

The funniest thing I ever heard was in a class in 6th year, few lads were talking about bum dropping a few deadlies at the weekend!!!

Deadlies or disco biscuits are names they used to call them

• Advertisement
Advertisement