Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can you identify this flower/weed?

Options
  • 13-06-2012 5:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭

This just sprung up in my garden. Never seen anything like it before. I don't know if its a weed or not but I like it. I planted out some bulbs a few months ago, they produced a green stalk but nothing came of them, cant remember if it was the same spot or not. Doesn't really look like the same stalk. Would love to know what it is. Thanks in advance for any info.

35ho8p4.jpg

25slw0k.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,104 ✭✭✭Oldtree

looks like an iris

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭livinsane

Aha! Just looked through my stuff and found an open pack of Iris bulbs. Its blooming late according to the pack. Thanks a mill.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭joanofarc

It is indeed an Iris and you might find that a few more will pop up over the years even from that one:D Hardy things but lovely too in the right setting.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Beautiful Iris.

Advertisement