Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First Game You Mastered?

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

We only briefly owned a Sega Saturn when I was younger. So the first game I mastered was actually FIFA 98 on PC, world class mode was exceedingly easy though. It seemed satisfying at the time though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

For me it was Street Fighter 2 on the SNES, clearing it on the hardest level without losing a round, & you get a little Chun Li sample as an easter egg at the end. No Sheng Long though :(:rolleyes:

Either that or Super Mario World, 96*'d it back in the day

• Registered Users Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

Tekken 2 for me. Hundreds of different moves, and it seemed like I would know every single one of them. And fighting Devil Kazuya...dozens of double perfect rounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭d22ontour

Pitfall 2 on the 2600, took me a while to be able to finish it 100% but got there, ISS 64 and 98, was virtually unbeatable on 98. SWIV/silkworm was another i can remember.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

Spellcaster or Rastan for the Sega master system. Can't quite remember

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭BizzyC

The first Zelda on NES.
    I was only young at the time, but I played through so much that I knew where every every item/bonus heart etc were.

Also, if you named your character "Zelda" the game became more difficult.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,479 ✭✭✭brianregan09

the 1st Pokemon there i said it :O

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭lostboy

tough one between mgs 1 and 2, would say 1 only im pretty sure i put more hours into 2 and knew more of the secrets,

finally winning the torture in the first game must have been one of my favourite gaming moments :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

Dizzy on the amstrad, jesus i knew every item and combination that was in the game at one stage
    or
    Time crisis, while in college. Actually got so boring waiting around for the next knife opponent to pop up
    or
    Mirrors Edge
    Put crazy amount of time into getting the speed runs for it and although not in the same league as others there were definitely some 'YES!!!!' mastered moments

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭civilnug

Project IGI on the PC. Must have cleared the game a half dozen times. Knew exactly where each guard would go.

More recently, Shadow Complex on XBL. I love that game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

Arcade first: Rastan Saga, or another game I cannot remember the title of anymore :( Clocked that unknown one 5 times in one credit before (it allowed you to play on, all over again with a raised difficulty). Not sure if people would remember it, but it had U-D-L-R, jump as mvmt controls, and a laser sword as a weapon. Futuristic looking side scroller, with constant scrolling to the right.

Console: Mortal Kombat 2 on Sega Megadrive. I still remember writing out a complete lisa of all character moves and finishers, and all unlocks for two guys in my class in 1st year (long time ago now).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

Arcade first: Rastan Saga, or another game I cannot remember the title of anymore :( Clocked that unknown one 5 times in one credit before (it allowed you to play on, all over again with a raised difficulty). Not sure if people would remember it, but it had U-D-L-R, jump as mvmt controls, and a laser sword as a weapon. Futuristic looking side scroller, with constant scrolling to the right.

Console: Mortal Kombat 2 on Sega Megadrive. I still remember writing out a complete lisa of all character moves and finishers, and all unlocks for two guys in my class in 1st year (long time ago now).
    Master of Nothing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 jate3d9u1qxmwc

Mastered Canis Canim Edit (or Bully) on the PS2 as well as Civ 2 and Oblivion all roughly in the same year.
    First was Oblivion though 100%

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

Mastered Canis Canim Edit (or Bully) on the PS2 as well as Civ 2 and Oblivion all roughly in the same year.
    First was Oblivion though 100%

No man can master Civ 2

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Grimebox wrote: »
    No man can master Civ 2

In a year anyway :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭Morag

Defender on the atari, no check points or saved games back then.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

In a year anyway :pac:

Some guy has been playing it for 10 years !!

http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/uxpil/ive_been_playing_the_same_game_of_civilization_ii/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

Was either Emlyn Hughes Soccer or International Karate - never did truly master Pong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

I think the first game I would have trult mastered was Revenge of Shinobi on the Megadrive. Loved the game becuase I loved the original araced version so much despite the fact that the first boss killed me more often than not (god damn him and his twisty flames).

I finished a ton of games before that but they were more by way of cheats sent in to C&VG (for teh C64 and Megadrive). I had a C16 before that but games on that machine were simply unbeatable.

Advertisement