Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Royal Highland show

• 13-06-2012 6:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 47

Going to the royal highland show this year anybody here ever been if so where did u stay? Was the show like they say its very good any do's and dont's?
    Any help would be great
    Thanks in advance :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29 rocky bilboa

Meant to be heading over thursday to sunday but caught with silage down and a lot of spraying to do so not so sure now:mad:.Basically your five mins walk from airport literally out the gate and turn right. Accomodation is quite expensive in edinburgh and at this stage you will have to head towards city to get somewhere. Show is excellent with a massive livestock section and lots of non farming stuff ,would advise heading to foreign visitors centre and signing in as you get a pass to the highland show members bar which is always buzzing in the evening.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭reilig

My old pair are going with The Travel Department on friday evening. Return Flights, Airport Transfers, Full Board in a 4* Edinburgh City Centre Hotel, Transfers to and from the show, entry to the show and a guided tour of Edinburgh. Its 3 nights for €499 each. We got it for them as a christmas present :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Atilathehun

reilig wrote: »
    My old pair are going with The Travel Department on friday evening. Return Flights, Airport Transfers, Full Board in a 4* Edinburgh City Centre Hotel, Transfers to and from the show, entry to the show and a guided tour of Edinburgh. Its 3 nights for €499 each. We got it for them as a christmas present :D

Fair play! Nice one:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭bogman_bass

I went to play with my band at the time a couple of years ago. we stayed in the travel lodge about 15 minutes from the showgrounds.

make sure you leave time to see the city. its a class spot.

also if you fancy going to the young farmers ball which is ment to be gas craic then book your tickets early because it sell out fast

• Registered Users Posts: 47 davesweets

ok thanks for all the help. Booked a hotel nearby so cant wait now. Would you advise prebooking passes?

• Advertisement
Advertisement