Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tornado funnel North cork

• 13-06-2012 7:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 842 ✭✭✭

Hi, was alerted to this by my very excited children at 6.30pm this evening, very cool. It was over the boggeragh mountain , in the bweeng direction. I hope more people got photos of it. Have some more and a couple of video's of it.:D
    weather wach 13 june 003.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 lizerb23

there was a mini tornado not so long ago of the coast of bray...... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dU7rW2kv7U

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,446 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Was there cows.?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 842 ✭✭✭mr.wiggle

Having issues uploading a better one...will try later...

P.s. Phoned met eireann but all i get is voice mail. How can they be contacted ?

Thx, Mr.W

kneemos wrote: »
    Was there cows.?

None reported missing in north cork kneemos, but i have
    seen a few traumatized sheep!! And that was before the 'twister'!
    :rolleyes:

mr.wiggle wrote: »
    None reported missing in north cork kneemos, but i have
    seen a few traumatized sheep!! And that was before the 'twister'!
    :rolleyes:

Mountainy men eh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

Is it not just a funnel and only a tornado when it touches ground?

Nice to see a bit of rotation, haven't seen any in Dublin this year, sure there has been some, just not lucky enough to catch it.

mr.wiggle wrote: »
    Hi, was alerted to this by my very excited children at 6.30pm this evening, very cool. It was over the boggeragh mountain , in the bweeng direction. I hope more people got photos of it. Have some more and a couple of video's of it.:D
    weather wach 13 june 003.jpg

better one, i hope!
    1g.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Rushah

Nabber wrote: »
    Is it not just a funnel and only a tornado when it touches ground?

Nice to see a bit of rotation, haven't seen any in Dublin this year, sure there has been some, just not lucky enough to catch it.

Hi, 2 storm clouds passed over Rush this evening - a friend observed a small funnel on the first, I saw the second @ 6.30pm & there was some major rotation, didn't have my ph on me to video it though :-(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭Coles

It's not very big, is it? I'm not sure if there's really any need to contact Met Eireann about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

Rushah wrote: »
    Hi, 2 storm clouds passed over Rush this evening - a friend observed a small funnel on the first, I saw the second @ 6.30pm & there was some major rotation, didn't have my ph on me to video it though :-(

Too far out for me too see. I live and hope. I think the fact that I'm living close to town might be the problem. No elevated areas to get a good view. Unless it's in Dublin bay.

• Advertisement

Whilst i slaved away in work last Sunday 17th, the missus and the kids headed off to Ballybunion for the day. They got within a mile or two of it, and what was in front of them but another funnel. They had no camera, but when they stopped to look at it, there was a few others filming it, so hopefully we might get to see a few shots posted online.
    Whats with all the funnels....what is causing them?

Mr.W.

Coles wrote: »
    It's not very big, is it? I'm not sure if there's really any need to contact Met Eireann about it.

Spoilsport :p

If I could go off topic for a second where does your user name come from op.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Redsunset

kneemos , your first three posts in the WEATHER FORUM are off topic. PM each other if your so curious. TALK ABOUT THE WEATHER PLEASE.

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭To Alcohol

Funnel cloud spotted between Naas and Newbridge today 14:45. Some pics of it below.

7414388434_305019933d_m.jpg

7414405098_3d592cf146_m.jpg

7414473894_19cde0dbd9_m.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,319 ✭✭✭highdef

That wouldn't surprise me. Slow moving and fairly potent cell out that way the past hour. very slow moving too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 323 ✭✭octo

To Alcohol wrote: »
    Funnel cloud spotted between Naas and Newbridge today 14:45. Some pics of it below.

Sure that's not just a bit of stratus below a cumulonimbus? Hard to tell from the pictures.

Advertisement