Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Party suggestions

Options
  • 13-06-2012 7:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Alright Folks
    Just looking for some suggestions.
    Looking to throw a surprise party in abt 5 months.
    Wondering if anyone has some suggestions on the below:
    • Location (About 150-200 ppl)
    • Band/DJ (who can do a bit of all music (70's, 80's etc, Rock, RnB etc)
    • Food supplier - all finger foods, bbq ribs etc.
    All suggestions appreciated :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Revolution would be your best bet

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I agree, top floor of the kazbar would also be an option but 200 would be way too many for the room.

with the kind of numbers your talking your really going into wedding room territory like the tower or woodlands.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 TheWild0ne

Maybe 150-200 was an over-statement.
    Looking at the potential attendees, its only about 80, give another 15 or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭south

The Mansion house .

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭thegoodwillout

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Empire/183102751788142

There's a great band for parties... And they also provide a DJ after at no extra cost

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Funfair

The Mansion House will do the whole lot for under €400 I'm guessing.. They usually supply the house D.J. with a party booking and give good offers on the food. The chef will go through a menu with you and cook whatever you want.. ohh and can cater for your 80 guests or your original estimate of 150 ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

You'd be struggling with 150 in the mansion. Certainly couldnt keep it "private"

• Registered Users Posts: 3 TheWild0ne

some good suggestions lads. looks like most places can do it in the 400-600€ range.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭Faq

Could try the roanmore centre holds 250 ppl

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Deisedarren

The waterford glass centre across from hasbro, can hold up to 200 ppl,
    Great dj https://www.facebook.com/pages/Empire/183102751788142#!/irishentertainments
    Liam or John

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭bradknowell

Faq wrote: »
    Could try the roanmore centre holds 250 ppl

That's where my parents are having their 40th wedding anniversary in a few months. 50 quid deposit and if you get more than 75 people to the party you will then get 150 quid from the centre. Have to go to a 30th there on Saturday aswell actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭kayevajo

waterford crystal is an awful place for a party, dont go there

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Deisedarren

kayevajo wrote: »
    waterford crystal is an awful place for a party, dont go there

Why is it a awlful place, i had all my family party's there, great staff help with anything u need

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭bradknowell

Why is it a awlful place, i had all my family party's there, great staff help with anything u need
    Any party I was ever at there was great. Don't remember any problems with the place either.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,341 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Some nice spaces in Revolution and the staff are lovely.

Advertisement