Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tir gear for plus size/big boobs...HELP???

Options
  • 13-06-2012 7:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi there, I am doing my first tri in August...really enjoying the training but am worried about getting the proper gear for the day.

I am a size 16 with a large chest and it seems that none of the female tri gear will fit. I tried a tri top and suit and they were so tight on my chest I couldn't breathe. I have measured myself and it seems I will be a couple inches off the biggest female wetsuit that I can find (L or XL).

Can anyone please help me? I don't want to be spending a fortune either, like I hope to carry on doing triathlons but just in case its a disaster I don't want to have forked out huge money!

Thanks a mill for any help!

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

What about a mens one and wear a sports bra with it? I wear a sports bra under my tri suit and have no issues just make sure you wear plenty of vaseline or bodyglide under the bra so you don't chafe.

Have you tried any trisuits on? Lycra is very stretchy so you might be fine with a L/XL. There are other size 16 girls out there doing tris and they find a solution.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 monica geller

Thanks so much for replying. Oh and sorry for the bad spelling (tir instead of tri...they won't let me change it!!)

Yeah I think I might have to go with a mens wetsuit. I have tried on some tri suits and they just didn't fit my bust. Have just found one online that do a size 18 so might try order that and see if it works!

Thanks for the advice on chaffing, got a bit on my last 4mile race....not nice at all!!!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Another option might be to get a pair of tri shorts in unisex sizing, wear a sports bra with it and throw a tshirt on for the bike and run and sure a tri suit is just lycra you could just as easily wear lycra running shorts and a lyrca running top under your wetsuit and put on baggier shorts/top in transition if you want to.

Some people will wear their swimsuit under their wetsuit and put on shorts and tshirt in transition(I think this is what Gary Kirwan did in Athy). You don't HAVE to wear a trisuit, it just makes it much easier and is a time saver.

Advertisement