Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

European destination ideas please with lower temperatures!

• 13-06-2012 7:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭

Hi, hoping to take a holiday in early August. Would really like to get out of Ireland but would like to avoid going somewhere very hot for health reasons. It's probably a long shot but would any experienced travellers be able to suggest a destination isn't super hot at that time of year?

Thanks! :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭karma403

Whoops I posted this in the things to do board :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 906 ✭✭✭LiamMc

Perhaps staying in Northern Europe will reduce the exposure to heat or sunlight. Although every year, many holidaymakers returning from Southern Europe complain their holiday was so wet they should have stayed at home.

The coast of The Netherlands,touring the islands.
    Cruises through the fjords of Norway.
    City and town breaks, Copenhagen and Malmo plus Islands and tours of Jutland or Southern Sweden.

All these destinations will have fine sunny days. So visitors should still cover up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 401 ✭✭franc 91

It depends entirely on what kind of a holiday you're thinking of - last Summer we stayed at a camping site in a very nice little village called Prapic in the Champsaur, north of Gap in les Hautes Alpes (France) and went mountain walking. We've also hired a donkey in the same area a couple of years ago to help carry our bags on a circular walk in the mountains overlooking le Lac de Serre Ponçon. And then there's the Vallée of the Ubaye - Barcelonnette, Jausiers, Saint Paul and northern part of the Parc du Mercantour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

Id look at Norway. I was looking back at my photos and I think it is the most beautiful place i have visited. here is a link to the trip report i wrote...
    http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g190455-i550-k3829513-Trip_Report_Independent_Norway_in_a_Nutshell_5days_4nights-Norway.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭Amy33

I spent 4 days in Helsinki in May. Aer Lingus fly there 3 days a week until the end of October from Dublin. It was a really beautiful city, Suomenlinna Fortress, Uspenski Cathedral and the Olympic Tower were the highlights of my trip. I'm going to Tallinn next month, like you I don't like hot places!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

The canaries don't get really hot thanks to a constant breeze.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 AnnieUncanny

Try visiting this link if you want to be in control of average low + high temperatures:

http://www.thebesttimetovisit.com/

Hope that helps! :-)

This year the summer in Norway is a bit colder than usual, and although the weather varies a lot you should keep in mind that we have not had much sun at all (except for one week in may).

Advertisement