Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rock climbing

Options
  • 13-06-2012 8:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi guys,

i've taken a keen interest in rock climbing, however, i need to buy the approriate equipment. I'm just wondering where can buy good ropes to support my weight when climbing the rocks. I haven't found a good shop in Dublin City Centre. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭acorn

Try posting on this forum http://forum.climbing.ie/

They have all the answers :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,236 ✭✭✭✭Esel

The Great Outdoors, Chatham St, D2.

Be sure to buy a climbing rope, not one that 'will support your weight'! :eek: :D

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭NathanKingerlee

Kerry Outdoor Sports in Killarney?

Here's a blog link, point six of which has a recommended starter list for rock climbing, without having to buy a huge amount of gear: http://tinyurl.com/brp7x8w

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Before investing in ropes and hardware, get yourself to a climbing centre like Gravity. You can try your hand at bouldering in a relatively controled context. You'll also find the majority of people are helpful enough.
    In the nicest way possible (and I geniunely don't mean offence), climbing can be very safe once you know what you are doing, but from you're post you don't sound like you do and thats how accident's happen, along with unnecessary risks.

My advice it try it out on a wall and see if it's for you, then book yourself on a introductary course.

Advertisement