Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Idiot vandals wreck 5,500-year-old Meath monument

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭I Heart Internet

fenris wrote: »
    And there is so much else that those sweet old chaps and ladies etc. did and hid that nobody belives that they were capable of. - blinkered much

Yes. Your hatred of catholicism has blinkered you so much that you are actually blaming the church for damaging national monuments.

There are plenty of threads on here about hating the catholic church.....knock yourself out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭AudreyHepburn

surely monument is a bit much for a big bloody rock in the ground with some scratches on it

its not like they dynamited newgrange
    Sure nobody cares about heritage these days
    Heritage is yesterday's news, man. get with the times.. invest in markets and speculation like.. lets get Ireland working.

Comments like these make me worry for this country. Is nothing sacred or to be protected anymore?

The disrespect shown towards our heritage, both natural and historical, in this country is nothing short of shocking at times.

If it's not fishermen decapitating seals or turf cutters illegally destroying protected bogs it's vandals wrecking our momuments.

But with attitudes like those above I suppose I shouldn't be surprised.

12,000 suspects in the RDS at the moment.

And, apart from being an extremely bigotted and totally unfair remark, this has what do with the topic?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭fenris

Yes. Your hatred of catholicism has blinkered you so much that you are actually blaming the church for damaging national monuments.

There are plenty of threads on here about hating the catholic church.....knock yourself out.

Hatred is a strong, emotive and inappropriate word, I merely pointed out that there is a large gathering of a group of people associated with the fanatical support of an organisation that has a documented strong track record of destroying objects and persons who do not fit with their view of the world.

Why is is so unthinkable that followers of that organisation may be responsible for damage to an artifact associated with another belief system?

Why do you feel that they could not possibly have any involvement and that even raising the question leads to rabid ranting about hatred of a particular club?

gavinbell wrote: »
    how many people are unemployed in this country? how many people have to leave this county every day through no fault of their own, leaving their families through necessity to havea standard of living, a sense of pride, a roof over their head.......and you are talking **** about some poxy stone in smelly meath....is that stone going to put food on somebodys table. get a life or crawl back in your hole.

Sweet Jesus.

Why oh why does everything have to come back to this?

Perhaps you ought to take your own advise.

And, apart from being an extremely bigotted and totally unfair remark, this has what do with the topic?

Biggotted - how, do you have definite information that the vandalism wasn't carried out by members of that organisation, or are you just trying for the old attack the poster because the argument makes your brain hurt tactic?

Unfair - how? - did the vandalism happen during the day when everybody was at the RDS?

Topic - AH, Friday, build a bridge

Biggotted - how, do you have definite information that the vandalism wasn't carried out by members of that organisation, or are you just trying for the old attack the poster because the argument makes your brain hurt tactic?

Unfair - how? - did the vandalism happen during the day when everybody was at the RDS?

Topic - AH, Friday, build a bridge

Your post had nothing to with the topic at hand and it displayed unfair bitterness and bigotry towards those involved in the Eucharistic Congress. There is nothing to suggest any involvement by anyone related to the EC. Your post was silly and childish imo.

I simply responded to that. Nothing to do with attacking you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭I Heart Internet

Fenris, you should go to the Gardai if you believe you have information about who committed this awful act of vandalism.

Anything else is just surmising. I'm surmising the folk at the RDS didn't do it. You're surmising they did. I'm happy to leave it at that and let everyone decide for themselves who's being reasonable or unreasonable.

Haters gonna hate and all that.

(They clearly didn't though.........:eek:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Fenris, you should go to the Gardai if you believe you have information about who committed this awful act of vandalism.

Anything else is just surmising. I'm surmising the folk at the RDS didn't do it. You're surmising they did. I'm happy to leave it at that and let everyone decide for themselves who's being reasonable or unreasonable.

(They clearly didn't though.........:eek:)

I am suggesting that the persons who did this are potentially affiliated with the organisation represented by those in the RDS and not excluding the possibility that persons attending the RDS may have carried out the vandalism.

On the balance of probability my suggestion is more probable than yours :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,209 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

The person that did the damage is a dick...end of story. No amount of security can protect anything from a d*ick on a mission...same kind of d*ick that smashed up the mummified tombs in St. Michans church..

Your post had nothing to with the topic at hand and it displayed unfair bitterness and bigotry towards those involved in the Eucharistic Congress. There is nothing to suggest any involvement by anyone related to the EC. Your post was silly and childish imo.

I simply responded to that. Nothing to do with attacking you.

The topic is the vandalism of an item with religious and historical significance.

bigot n. One who is strongly partial to one's own group, religion, race, or politics and is intolerant of those who differ.

- don't see how that could be applied to MY posts, it is not as if my posts are intolerant of those whose views differ to mine or are aligned with a particular group etc.

I am a bit bemused that people get so irate about the suggestion that persons belonging to an organisation with a track record of actively destroying artefacts belonging to other organisations could possibly be involved - particularly when some of those persons choose to take their lords name in vain on this very thread! - I am looking at you AudreyHepburn

Advertisement