Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish sim racing meet up

Options
  • 13-06-2012 8:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭

Hi all,

I was thinking that we should be able to meet up sometime and have a sim racing evening. Meet up and talk about sim racing, do some racing, exchange ideas on racing rig and other good stuff. Maybe have a beer or two and make a good evening of it.

I wanted to check if there was any people that like the idea and would like to meet up. If there is people that would like to I will try and organize it.

I think some of the Irish iRacing people meet up for a go cart race now and then and that could also be an idea.

Sound fun to anyone?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

We tried to do this a few years back and it never got going.
    However a some guys from iracing met up last year, guys from the celtic club ie Scotland and Wales came over and done some karting and drinking.
    I missed it myself as i was in Spain but heard it was a great time.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭c0rn3y

Yeah I remember reading about that in the celtic forums on iRacing and I have been thinking about that for a while now.

At the moment I haven't got the time to dedicate to iRacing so I race mostly r2 and I am guessing I am not alone and if there is more people like me, we miss out on the stuff that comes up on the iRacing forums.

At least lets try and meet up in a sim some day, I have access to most sims (not iRacing at the moment) so I am flexible.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Squidwert

If we arrange something over at iracing I will post it on the forum.
    the more bodys racing the better. i'd say something mite happen the end of the summer.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Maddox17

I'd meet up if it was on rF. It be nice to get a bunch of Irish guys together. I know 4 of us do rF . All on SimTech Motorsport ( Irish team ).

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Squidwert

Maddox17 wrote: »
    I'd meet up if it was on rF. It be nice to get a bunch of Irish guys together. I know 4 of us do rF . All on SimTech Motorsport ( Irish team ).

Hey Maddox

It does not matter if you race on micro machines its was just to get people who like racing out for the day karting. But its probably not going to happen this year. i have not had time for racing and I've not seen any of the irish iracers planning anything so not looking good. Are you on RF or RF2 I've been thinking about getting RF2 when i have some free time.

Thanks

Squid

• Advertisement

Squidwert wrote: »
    Maddox17 wrote: »

Hey Maddox

It does not matter if you race on micro machines its was just to get people who like racing out for the day karting. But its probably not going to happen this year. i have not had time for racing and I've not seen any of the irish iracers planning anything so not looking good. Are you on RF or RF2 I've been thinking about getting RF2 when i have some free time.

Thanks

Squid

Im getting my team to meet up at Whiteriver karting one day for some karting and simulator racing ( they have rFactor at the track ) . Their might be 5 of us. I'll probably organise if for next summer. We should get big bunch of us and go? It be good fun !

Also I have rF1. Waiting for rf2 to finish up

Advertisement