Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Experience of the leaving cert

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭UnholyGregor

in fairness, whats a pe teacher supposed to do? ''i dont believe you, prove it''
    :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 536 ✭✭✭brainiac

Realistic - Slightly Pessimistic Predictions:

English - HL - C2
    Irish - HL - D1
    Maths - OL - A1
    French - HL - B1
    Geography - HL - B2
    History - HL - B3

Still have Japanese to come (HL), expecting a C3 or thereabouts, depending on how bad the essays are

Overall, at my best estimate i'd expect around 410-430 points (425 above)

Id be fairly happy with that, my course last year was 380 so I should get it :). Overall didnt mind the exams too much, other than the utter tiring nature of them, but I'm happy enough out the other side of them :D

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Liveforrugby

in fairness, whats a pe teacher supposed to do? ''i dont believe you, prove it''
    :/

What subjects are you doing?

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭UnholyGregor

English - hoping for an a1, after getting a2 in mocks, so hopefully my teacher wasnt just a sh*tty marker

Maths - I'm expecting a b1, maybe fluked an a2, but unlikely

French - was aimig for a b1 before the exam, but it went waaaay better than i had expected, so now i think ive got a shot at an a1

Biology - a1

Chemistry - a1

Art - prob b1, though i think an a is possible, art is just so dodgy for marking....

Irish is my only ordinary level subject so not counting that
    Realistically i think im in the region of 550-570, il be happy either way as long as i dont go down from my mocks results

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭earwax_man

I have only done 4 subjects so far, 3 to come.
    If I have an unsavoury marker:
    English - B2
    Irish - B1
    Maths - C2
    German - A2

Total out of the 4 so far: 320

If (s)he's nice :3
    English - A2
    Irish - A1
    Maths - B2 + 25 points
    German - A1

Total out of the 4 so far: 395