Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heating Terrarium...

Options
  • 13-06-2012 9:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭

I just bought a new Terrarium for my king snake as the old one was home made and to big.

There is a heat lamp built in but i need a heat mat as well so basically my question is can i put the terrarium sitting on the heat mat? the tank is sitting on a purpose bench with carpet underneath to protect the base from cracking, I've put the heat mat on the carpet and put the tank on top, is this ok?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Thunderbird2

I don't know about the carpet .. Seems like a fire starter . Don't those mats need a small amount of air circulating around them?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭antocann

I just bought a new Terrarium for my king snake as the old one was home made and to big.

There is a heat lamp built in but i need a heat mat as well so basically my question is can i put the terrarium sitting on the heat mat? the tank is sitting on a purpose bench with carpet underneath to protect the base from cracking, I've put the heat mat on the carpet and put the tank on top, is this ok?

i take it its an exo terra glass one? yep pop the mat underneath should do the job

Advertisement