Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

John Deere 3140 Hydraulic problems

Options
  • 13-06-2012 10:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

I have a ~1981 John Deere 3140 with hydraulic problems. I have replaced the filter and cleaned the screen and replaced the oil. The spool valves are generating about 180-200bar (2800-2900psi) at idle, my gauge was only rated to 150bar so I've a larger one on order. The pressure is constant and instant. The oil level is quite low, below min mark on the dip stick, so I can only assume the pumps are working well. The problem is the 3 pt linkage shudders when lifting, at idle speed the steering doesn't work properly and needs higher revs. During a couple of hours work lifting anything heavy the oil almost boils. The 3 pt linkage will drop a heavy load unless the revs are flat out and especially when you use the hi lo changeover in the gears. When I listen in the filler cap I can hear liquid spitting inside. When the tractor is turned off the 3 pt linkage drops in about 5 seconds with a load on behind. Is there any way of isolating the problems to a single cylinder which is causing the problem

Comments

Advertisement