Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who do you want ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Can't sew AVB sticking around in England but he'd be worth a punt. i can't see anyone available who would excite me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭boo3000

I really hope Benitez isn't a serious candidate

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

i went for AVB. i always liked him for some reason.

big fan of slavin bilic myself if thats a option.

mark my words if rafa benitez gets the job i will not travel to white hart lane. i actually hate everything about the man

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Tim sherwood the only one of the staff kept on delighted.

He has the right attitude and I could see him being our future manager after whoever comes next.

In particular what I liked most was the interview on LFC tv before the next gen game where he said winning wasn't the most important thing at the time. That the experience and development of the players at that time was the most important thing whic was at odds with what the Liverpool commentators believed that winning at all costs was what mattered most.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭Wendell Gee

Agree on the Sherwood post, although Clive Allen is a little unlucky to be losing his job, seemed to be doing a fine job.
    I went for Moyes, but if it's AVB I could live with it. He surely has a point to prove after Chelski, and it could be that Stamford bridge was his damned united phase. If he turns out as good as clough, happy days.
    One key point Clough was never as much without Taylor. Clough was a master coach and motivator, Taylor the eye for talent. Long before DoF became an acronym, the two roles were often divided. The key is trust between the management team.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Spurs have contacted AVB apparently.
    BBC Sport wrote:
    Tottenham Hotspur sound out Andre Villas-Boas over vacant post

Tottenham Hotspur have made contact with representatives of former Chelsea boss Andre Villas-Boas as the club's search for a new manager gathers pace.
    Intermediaries acting for Spurs have contacted the 34-year-old's agent to gauge his interest and he may even be interviewed later this week.
    Chairman Daniel Levy returns to London on Monday and will personally take charge of the recruitment process.
    France coach Laurent Blanc has also emerged as a potential candidate.
    Villas-Boas's agent was in London over the weekend, although Spurs insist they will not be rushed into a knee-jerk appointment and plan to speak with a number of candidates.
    Use accessible player and disable flyout menus

David Moyes - 'no contact' from Spurs

Harry Redknapp was sacked last Wednesday after almost four years in charge at White Hart Lane.
    The decision came after weeks of growing tension between the 65-year-old and his chairman, the situation coming to a head when Redknapp was told the club had decided to go in a fresh direction and look to the future.
    Levy will assume responsibility for the recruitment of the new manager alongside owner Joe Lewis and directors Sir Keith Mills, Matthew Collecott and Donna Cullen.
    Ex-Porto boss Villas-Boas, who was sacked by Chelsea in March, is understood to have privately expressed an interest in the post.
    There is also interest in Blanc, whose contract with the France Football Federation expires after the European Championship. His future will, however, depend on France's performance in the rest of the tournament and he may yet stay on.

Wigan manager Roberto Martinez is another who is likely to be considered while Fabio Capello and former Tottenham striker Jurgen Klinsmann, who is currently in charge of the United States national team, have also been linked with the post.

Everton manager David Moyes has admirers at White Hart Lane but there are concerns that the 49-year-old Scot may not fit the mould of the modern and perhaps continental coach Spurs have discussed.
    Tim Sherwood and goalkeeping coach Tony Parks are the only two of Redknapp's backroom staff to have been retained by Spurs. Levy is known to rate Sherwood, who is likely to figure prominently in the new set-up.
    Moyes, who told BBC Sport he has had no contact from Spurs, will travel to Euro 2012 on Monday and plans to continue preparations for the new season at Goodison Park.
    Everton are not expecting an approach for their manager but it is thought Moyes would be willing to discuss the position at White Hart Lane.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18480662

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

The more I think about it the more I like the idea of Capello.
    • Very experienced
    • Good records, plenty of trophies
    • Tactically excellent
    • Knows some of the spurs players already
    • Know the english game pretty well from managing national side.
    • Big enough name to keep existing players happy at the club and to attract new players.
    • Available now with no compensation needed.

From the Sun newspaper.

No direct quotes, usual red tab bollox i'm sure....

TOTTENHAM face a player revolt if they push ahead with plans to appoint ex-Chelsea boss Andre Villas-Boas.

AVB, 34, is earmarked to replace Harry Redknapp and has already held productive talks with the North London club.
    But some senior Spurs stars have spoken to Chelsea players who claimed Villas-Boas was a nightmare to work with and told them to steer well clear of the Portuguese coach.

Many Tottenham players are already unhappy at Redknapp’s shock sacking last Wednesday.

And chairman Daniel Levy now faces the prospect of making an appointment that might tear the dressing room apart at White Hart Lane.
    Ruthless Levy, who showed no mercy in sacking Redknapp despite leading Spurs to a fourth-place finish last term, could refuse to be dictated to by militant players and push ahead with his move for AVB.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4378748/Andre-Villas-Boas-would-face-Tottenham-revolt.html

Goal.com Reckons we are waiting for Blanc and this is a line that has been about since before Harry was sacked hope it's true really hope it's true.

Also wouldn't listen to a word of rubbish from the sun Media just turning against us after Harry Left.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

gotta be Klinsmann, would be great fun for a while

lets face it, we're not going to do anything special with any of these while the current owners remain in place with their shareholder first policy

We might as well have a laugh and Klinsmann would bring back the feel good factor

Remember, Newcastle nearly won the league with Keegan :)

• Advertisement

ted.jpg

We might as well have a laugh and Klinsmann would bring back the feel good factor

In all seriousness, I know what you mean. I'd love to have that feeling back again when we signed Klinsmann, Dumitrescu, Popescu etc, those where crazy times but last season was the closest we came to that ever since, and this time we had points on the board to back it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

gotta be Klinsmann, would be great fun for a while

lets face it, we're not going to do anything special with any of these while the current owners remain in place with their shareholder first policy

Don't be winding us up you headcase :D

Negotiations opened with Blanc Make it happen Levy!

I assume everyone who voted another meant Blanc :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Don't be winding us up you headcase :D

good enough for Germany = good enough for Spurs

would be a great buzz arounf the club if he arrived

nothing much is gonna change regardless of who comes in, there's no magic wand

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

I'd gladly take Blanc

good enough for Germany = good enough for Spurs

would be a great buzz arounf the club if he arrived

nothing much is gonna change regardless of who comes in, there's no magic wand

Nah, Jurgen is not the man we need, seems like you just want some fun, and not for us to push on ?

Of course there is no magic wand, but most of you seem to forget we have some top top players, and a better squad we have had for donkeys years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭yiddo59

Nah, Jurgen is not the man we need, seems like you just want some fun, and not for us to push on ?

Of course there is no magic wand, but most of you seem to forget we have some top top players, and a better squad we have had for donkeys years.

Yeah thats right twas Levy signed all the great fella's in the squad and Arry bought the crap ones? :D;)

yiddo59 wrote: »
    Yeah thats right twas Levy signed all the great fella's in the squad and Arry bought the crap ones? :D;)

Ah I aint having a dig at Harry, he did well, I dont' deny that.
    But seeing as you brought it up, for every player that has done well under him, is another whom he mis-managed ;)

• Advertisement

Do we?
    We have a top class MF when lennon, modric, bale, VDV and Parker are allfit. At least 1 of those will be gone by August and we have no decent cover except for Sandro to come in for Parker.

We have 1 PL status striker (who quite honestly needs to move on)

We have 2 above-average CB's, 1 excellect FB (walker)and one average FB (BAE) but absolutely no cover for any of them 4.

Our GK had 12-18month left at the top, maybe.

Ah I aint having a dig at Harry, he did well, I dont' deny that.
    But seeing as you brought it up, for every player that has done well under him, is another whom he mis-managed ;)

Same could be said of almost every manager

Jokes aside the ony one that he treated badly was Bassong, Pav, Dos Santos, Bentley Gomes have only themseves to blame.

Do we?
    We have a top class MF when lennon, modric, bale, VDV and Parker are allfit. At least 1 of those will be gone by August and we have no decent cover except for Sandro to come in for Parker.

We have 1 PL status striker (who quite honestly needs to move on)

We have 2 above-average CB's, 1 excellect FB (walker)and one average FB (BAE) but absolutely no cover for any of them 4.

Our GK had 12-18month left at the top, maybe.

King apart for obvious reasons, when was the last time we had a centre back better than Kaboul ?
    When was the last time we had 2 full backs as good as the ones we have now ?
    When was the last time we had a midfield like we have now ?

Agreed up front we are obviously short, but we have some seriously good players, better than probably every side I have seen in my time, although Im a young fella :D:D:D (not) ;)

Same could be said of almost every manager

Jokes aside the ony one that he treated badly was Bassong, Pav, Dos Santos, Bentley Gomes have only themseves to blame.

Agree, some more than other though.
    That's 5, one I disagree with (Bentley), what about Hutton, Bent & Defoe ? They are just the ones that immediately come to mind, not saying im massive fans of them all by the way.

Agree, some more than other though.
    That's 5, one I disagree with (Bentley), what about Hutton, Bent & Defoe ? They are just the ones that immediately come to mind, not saying im massive fans of them all by the way.

Bent has a case alright though again think it was to do with the system. He's more suited to a counter attacking team and Sandra would have stuck that header :D
    Hutton? Should have turfed out day one. Trouble and not related to a footballer.
    Defoe Interestingly when he left us Harry signed him for Pompey and then resigned him in 2009 so I dont think he can feel that hard done by,

Bent has a case alright though again think it was to do with the system. He's more suited to a counter attacking team and Sandra would have stuck that header :D
    Hutton? Should have turfed out day one. Trouble and not related to a footballer.
    Defoe Interestingly when he left us Harry signed him for Pompey and then resigned him in 2009 so I dont think he can feel that hard done by,

As soon as he said that about Bent, I'd imagine Bent didn't give a fiddlers and I wouldn't blame him, stupid comment to make live on tv.

Hutton was mad, and average and not as good as walker obviously, but did he not get hung out to dry a couple of times by Harry, fulham away was one i think.
    As for Defoe, the man who drives us all mad, but couldn't believe he got such little game time towards the end of the season and Saha was walking in to the team ahead of him.

We could be here all night :D

Oh and Lennon, treated poorly around the Madrid away game that time, I'm really nit-picking :o

As soon as he said that about Bent, I'd imagine Bent didn't give a fiddlers and I wouldn't blame him, stupid comment to make live on tv.

Hutton was mad, and average and not as good as walker obviously, but did he not get hung out to dry a couple of times by Harry, fulham away was one i think.
    As for Defoe, the man who drives us all mad, but couldn't believe he got such little game time towards the end of the season and Saha was walking in to the team ahead of him.

We could be here all night :D

Oh and Lennon, treated poorly around the Madrid away game that time, I'm really nit-picking :o

Good night :D

Good night :D

and God Bless :D

I'd be pleased IF this was all true.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/jun/19/tottenham-andre-villas-boas?

Is Clive Allen really gone ?

• Advertisement

I'd be pleased IF this was all true.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/jun/19/tottenham-andre-villas-boas?

Is Clive Allen really gone ?
    Ya clive is gone, Tim Sherwood is being kept on surprised he's gone he's like the furniture really.

Similar to Hoghton before him.

Advertisement