Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who do you want ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭golfball37

AVB is in Fiji at the moment so I don't know how the club have met directly with him, as this article suggests?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Eh................:rolleyes:

Is AVB the only foreigner allowed in Fiji? Have the local government there banned Spurs from travelling there:D

You honestly believe somebody from Spurs went to Fiji to talk with him when he's back in the UK tomorrow?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Speaking directly to someone necessarily doesn't mean talking to them in person.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Brianderunner

Guys Capello was seen in White Hart Lane this morning. His odds have tumbled from 25/1 to 8/1 with a lot of bookies. I'm living in North London and one of my colleagues saw him while out on site.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Guys Capello was seen in White Hart Lane this morning. His odds have tumbled from 25/1 to 8/1 with a lot of bookies. I'm living in North London and one of my colleagues saw him while out on site.

looks like theres 4 in the frame.
    AVB is said to be concerned that he may not be first choice.
    Looks like he's right to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

I'd prefer AVB to Capello, but Christ, I'd be delighted with either. Shows how far we've come as a club in 7/8 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

Of course he was!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭twilight_singer

Can't believe the majority want AVB? Did well at Porto but failed in England.
    Imagine every away game - ooooh oohh chelsea reject, chelsea reject! Undermined straight away! And then facing chelsea and having to shake Di Matteos hand?! Be like having to shake your ex wifes new more successful+popular boyfriends hand! :eek:

He didn't exactly fail at Chelsea though, he was shafted big time by the senior players, the contrast in performances of certain individuals in the space of one week was incredible after he left. You can't do anything with players that won't play for you.

This is a good article on Villas Boas, it tells why he failed and why he would be a good fit at LFC, obviously it can be applied to THFC as well.
    http://katecohensoccer.wordpress.com/2012/05/21/why-andre-villas-boas-will-be-a-success-at-liverpool%E2%80%8F/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

In fairness, it's a bit harsh to simply say he failed, there was a little bit more to it than that.

Rumour AVB can't be announced until July due to clause when he left chelsea.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Imagine every away game - ooooh oohh chelsea reject, chelsea reject! Undermined straight away! And then facing chelsea and having to shake Di Matteos hand?! Be like having to shake your ex wifes new more successful+popular boyfriends hand! :eek:
    Same here,a disaster at Chelsea and most people want him as our manager:confused:Spurs fans just beat all.;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'd never hold it against a manager for not doing well at Chelsea. Their players are probably the worst example of the over paid, self entitled premiership player that is becoming more common these days. They didn't let him do well, and did everything they could to ensure he was sacked.

Or at least that's what it seemed like to me.

Re: AVB.

I think the similarities between Ramos and AVB are too great to be ignored. Alot of people say you cant judge AVB on his time at chelsea but thats like saying Ramos should not be judged on his time at WHL..
    They where both touted as the next big thing in management from spain/portugal with trophies to show for it but it wasnt to be.

AVB is a significant risk. Risker than Capello or Moyes. I think he would do better if he went somewhere for a year or two first. We'll have to wait and see.

THFC wrote: »
    He didn't exactly fail at Chelsea though, he was shafted big time by the senior players, the contrast in performances of certain individuals in the space of one week was incredible after he left. You can't do anything with players that won't play for you.

Sounds familiar... i.e. When harry took over and the players suddenly started to play again. Because they played for Harry.

Will the same players play for AVB

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

After the performance by France tonight who would want Blanc at the Lane?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

tippspur wrote: »
    After the performance by France tonight who would want Blanc at the Lane?

i hope Blanc doesnt come within an asses roar of the Lane , i'm defo warming to the idea of AVB - hope it happens.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 104 ✭✭PBroderick

I'd take Klinsmann.

AVB is an ego on a stick, couldn't be doing with him at all.

Moyes is mid-table man. Been listening to him all week on TalkSport and he's the mentality of a small team manager, talking about the "big men" in the team like "Tim Cahill".

Spare me, he's well out of his depth in a club like Tottenham.

I fairness to Moyes he's the only manager to break the big 4 with a squad that shouldn't have been able to, I wouldn't like him either due to his lack of experience with a club with high expectations, but I wouldn't be overly disappointed if he took over. I really don't think it'll happen anyways FWIW.

• Advertisement

Kiith wrote: »
    I'd never hold it against a manager for not doing well at Chelsea. Their players are probably the worst example of the over paid, self entitled premiership player that is becoming more common these days. They didn't let him do well, and did everything they could to ensure he was sacked.

Or at least that's what it seemed like to me.

Good managers get the players on board and wanting to play for them.
    Thats the diffenence between the likes of AVB and Mourinho, players would run through a brick wall for Mourinho but AVB with all the **** he was spouting in press conference etc lost the players. Being a good manager is as much about massaging egos of millionaire footballers as it is about tactics, something Harry was one of the best around at.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭oregano

Just found this Fans forum, coys!

Re Moyes, he is far more proven than Harry was pre joining us.
    Re AVB, failure at Chelsea may have humbled him, though I doubt it
    Re Blanc, that's pure regression...

Levy must have some plan, Harry punched above his weight and merited a longer contract, SURELY levy didn't sack him with nothing up his sleeve!

Back on topic, I'd love to see levy pay Norwich some quick profit and get chrissie home! That Newcastle team was great to watch, there's no way curbishley created the success they are now all on his own...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

oregano wrote: »
    Back on topic, I'd love to see levy pay Norwich some quick profit and get chrissie home! That Newcastle team was great to watch, there's no way curbishley created the success they are now all on his own...

No, I'd love to see Chris in the Ireland job

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Luckily we have no massive egos with close connections to the chairman so AVB would not be undermined by the squad the same way he was at Chelsea...

Get him in and win some trophies! Total football @ WHL

oregano wrote: »
    Just found this Fans forum, coys!

I'm fairly Curbishley had nothing to do with it!;)
    Hughton needs time in the prem, let him have it under the radar at Norwich, maybe one day he can come back to the lane as top dog, but he hasent got the experience for now.

ralf rangnick was said to be on levys shortlist, but I'd say that was paper talk. Gone to Salzburg now anyway.

http://www.espnstar.com/football/other-football/news/detail/item819644/Rangnick-and-Houllier-join-Salzburg/

AVB rejected as lies any notion that Spurs had contacted him over the weekend, he seemed to rule himself out. It was as I suspected when I heard he was in Fiji.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

golfball37 wrote: »
    AVB rejected as lies any notion that Spurs had contacted him over the weekend, he seemed to rule himself out. It was as I suspected when I heard he was in Fiji.

Why believe that was actually said any more than the initial rumour? You know about as much as I do on what's happening at white hart lane regarding the manager search, sweet fcuk all :pac:

While I was pleased with Levy's actions to fcuk Harry out, I am becoming a little worried now. Only a few days to July and still no manager, surely Levy had something lined up when he done what he did, or did he ??

Or maybe they can't announce AVB until 1st July ;)

• Advertisement

Mactard wrote: »
    Why believe that was actually said any more than the initial rumour? You know about as much as I do on what's happening at white hart lane regarding the manager search, sweet fcuk all :pac:

Direct quotes from the man unlike the initial article which sounded like complete BS.

http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/85/england/2012/06/23/3195391/andre-villas-boas-dismisses-tottenham-rumors-as-lies

http://www.givemefootball.com/premier-league/avb-hits-out-at-spurs-lies

Advertisement