Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DIT Computer science Course advice

• 13-06-2012 10:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

Craic,
    I have Computer science in DIT down as my first choice on my cao. However im afraid i will not fulfil the points for this course. I love computers and this is all i want to do in the future. However I also have computing @ 320 points level 8 and network technologies @ 280 points L.7 down also on my cao. The reason i have them down is i have been told you can do a year of them then go straight into 1st year or whatever of computer science is this true? Can someone from DIT enlighten me please, because if i do not get my points then ill happily do one of them for a year if its possible saves me going to Griffith college and spending 5 grand a year.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Incompetent

Try "college" or DIT forums under edu. They'd be better

Also wheres that network technology course? If tomorrow doesn't go my way I might need lower points alternatives

• Registered Users Posts: 40 dooley1001

Try "college" or DIT forums under edu. They'd be better

Also wheres that network technology course? If tomorrow doesn't go my way I might need lower points alternatives

The network tech course is in dit under level 7..Im the same tomorrows business better not screw me over

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Willbbz

I have a PLC in Cholaiste Dhulaigh doing Computer Science as a backup course as you can progress into DIT 2nd Year Computer Science from it.

I'm having doubts myself getting my first two choices of Comp Apps or CompSci but my friend keeps saying you'll do better than you think so try adopt his attitude as it helps :D

Willbbz wrote: »
    I have a PLC in Cholaiste Dhulaigh doing Computer Science as a backup course as you can progress into DIT 2nd Year Computer Science from it.

I'm having doubts myself getting my first two choices of Comp Apps or CompSci but my friend keeps saying you'll do better than you think so try adopt his attitude as it helps :D

**** i never applied to plc courses im such a retard i should of but im sure now its closed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Willbbz

Apply anyway. Sooner you apply the more likely you'll get a place. There will always be people who get a place there and end up not going so if you're not in, you can't win :D

EDIT: I have a friend who's yet to apply for one but he said the minute (or rather the day after) his exams end he's applying for one so you're not the only one.

• Advertisement

Willbbz wrote: »
    Apply anyway. Sooner you apply the more likely you'll get a place. There will always be people who get a place there and end up not going so if you're not in, you can't win :D

EDIT: I have a friend who's yet to apply for one but he said the minute (or rather the day after) his exams end he's applying for one so you're not the only one.

Was there not the deadline in may or something ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭fizzyorange

dooley1001 wrote: »
    Was there not the deadline in may or something ?

I'm not sure about comp sci, but I did apply for a PLC at colaiste dhulaigh a short while ago and have an interview in August. So there is still a good chance that there are places in other PLCs there. :)

Advertisement