Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 3 week 11 results

Options
  • 13-06-2012 10:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭

This week I eased up on the constant blitzing and didn't record a sack, but I was just practising my normal defense. It ended 49-28, though my defense wasn't as bad as the scoreline suggests, we had 3 picks, 2 of which were returned for scores. What I was watching was the return of Jean Jones, who after getting 2 interceptions in his first 2 weeks suffered an injury and returned tonight. He didn't disappoint, with a forced fumble and 2 picks, one for 6. Matt Hill and Greg Olsen obviously tore it up, with Hill throwing 3 TDs to Olsen out of his 434 yards. Next week our long stretch of CPU games ends with a game against the Bengals. Thankfully we go into this game more or less full strength, and on a 9 game winning streak.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Matthew can you stick up a fixture thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Matthew can you stick up a fixture thread?

Okey dokey.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

I f**king hate this game sometimes!

I don't even know where to start, Madden had obviously decided that the Steelers were winning this one (23-17 in the end).
    Cam Newton throwing all over the place; 5yard slants, standing comfortbaly in the pocket, and he's not even in the same zip code with his passes.
    2 fumbles, 5 interceptions and honestly I would only not make the throw on one of them again.
    Not to forget defenders dropping picks, David Garrard re-incarnated as Tom Brady, Cedric Benson bursting tackles.
    Three bloody injuries during the game too, two of which completely messed up my chances of coming back. My two best targets in the passing game TE Antonio Gates and WR Jeremy Maclin, and my third CB Bartell.
    Maclin now gone for 10 weeks, rest of the season basically.

Bring on Madden 13!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

Beat the valiant patriots 31-13 . The Patriots huffed and puffed but couldnt knock over the Buffalo . Jay Cutler was the man in this game with 255 yards with 3 touchdowns. Had to avoid Beason at line backer at all costs. Nicks for the giants had a solid game 8 receptions 124 yards and 1 touchdown.

Move to 7-3, So should be in line with my games for a wild card spot. 3 CPU games before another Bills /Jets game !

Is Gates out for next week as well?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭ibmax

Beat the valiant patriots 31-13 . The Patriots huffed and puffed but couldnt knock over the Buffalo . Jay Cutler was the man in this game with 255 yards with 3 touchdowns. Had to avoid Beason at line backer at all costs. Nicks for the giants had a solid game 8 receptions 124 yards and 1 touchdown.

Move to 7-3, So should be in line with my games for a wild card spot. 3 CPU games before another Bills /Jets game !

We're the bills, pats and giants playing in this game??? One rule for the mods... One rule for the rest ;)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

ibmax wrote: »
    We're the bills, pats and giants playing in this game??? One rule for the mods... One rule for the rest ;)

The problem of playing in more than one franchise! I'm the titans in 2 and falcons in one and constantly replace falcons with titans!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Bertie gave me a bit of a beating. Td before ht was key I think. Couldn't stop him at all, just 1 stop all game.

I was quite happy with the offense but defense was awful.

Got a nice td on kickoff return too.

Final score 35 20 I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

Dunno if there was that much in it. The drive for the TD before the half swung the game to the Jets My offense was pretty good both on the ground and through the air. On defense it took a while to figure out some decent defenses against you.

Adrian's kickoff TD return was the best I ever seen. Great stick control weaving through my defenders.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Berty44 wrote: »
    Dunno if there was that much in it. The drive for the TD before the half swung the game to the Jets My offense was pretty good both on the ground and through the air. On defense it took a while to figure out some decent defenses against you.

Adrian's kickoff TD return was the best I ever seen. Great stick control weaving through my defenders.

Good game, you played really well. I think I only got one stop on defense all game.

Those toss plays were a killer, even plays that normally stop those weren't working. And as you say the TD before HT just after I'd scored.

You killed me on 3rd and long a couple of times too.

In future you shouldn't be allowed a player like Rodgers:D

Best of luck for the rest of the season, not that you'll need it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

Giants squeeze past the Cowboys 13-10 Drew Brees has a mare but Billy Cundiff didn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭ibmax

Bucs played in a dome. Bucs beat the falcons. Bucs like domes

ibmax wrote: »
    Bucs played in a dome. Bucs beat the falcons. Bucs like domes

I can't wait for your visit to the coliseum. It never rains but it's almost guaranteed 15 mph winds at the end of the season. Very tough to pass in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Rams 7 seahawks 3. Sums it up really.

Advertisement