Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lawn protectors

Options
  • 13-06-2012 10:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Ok, this is probably a longshot but does anyone know what those wooden things people put on the edge of their lawns to stop people driving on them are called? They're made out of square sticks crossed in some way and are usually painted white. They are quite light,/moveable. The idea is to gently discourage people cutting corners or messing the verges but you can move them when you want to mow the grass. I think you see them in sort of country house hotel type places. What I really need is a photo as we want to make some. Does that ring any bells? If not, any other ideas welcome please.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 iangriffin83

They are called verge markers. The only place i have seen them is Pittmans in Athy. THey have a website that you can order from.

P-752510_M.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭redser7

• Registered Users Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭looksee

I don't think either of those are what the OP is looking for. I can't find any pictures but they are easily made:

Three pieces of square profile timber, each about 18" long. Measure about 6" down each one and mark. Cross two pieces at right angles (right angles is important) at the 6" mark and glue, screw or nail. Hold this X shape with the small V upwards, tilt the whole thing and place the third piece of timber into the small V angle, matching the mark. Glue/screw/nail. You will then have a kind of wigwam shape which can be painted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭redser7

I know what you mean now, havn't seen them in ages. Should be eay to knock up yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭Qwerty?

I'd say you mean something like this?

lawn thing.JPG

My grandad used to have them, I haven't seen one in years either, but would be extremely easy to make.

• Advertisement
Advertisement