Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lawn cutting/garderning services

Options
  • 13-06-2012 11:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭

Hi Boards,

I have a big lawn in Tipperary that needs mowing every odd week. The hedges need doing every other month. It's a big job for me alone, so I was hoping to hire a gardener to have at it when I can't make it down. I usually live in Dublin. What's the going rate these days?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

What part of Tipperary are you in? I know who's reasonable. Depends on where you are of course.He could be miles away from you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Shtanto

Distance is thought of differently in rural parts;

The lawn in question is halfway between Cahir and Bansha. South Tipp to give a better idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

He's near Nenagh so Id say its too far. Sorry about that. Best of luck,hope you get someone :)

Nenagh would be about an hour away alright. We have some neighbours in the area who get their lawn done professionally. Leaves time for tennis. The grass tends to get about knee high in 2 weeks. Very fertile ground there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 tedvol

Well I don't think you should have to hire somebody to do that, to do gardening you need proper gardening tools and it will make gardening easy for you.

• Advertisement

Actually, it's quite the fashion in the area. Besides, if you had to tackle a knee-high lawn every visit you'd be sick of it pretty soon. No grassbox can tackle it, no mower can do it without stalling at least twice. And you have to rake the grass too. My folks are retired now and it's getting to be a big job.

Advertisement