Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Career break - worst case scenario if I cut my contract short

• 13-06-2012 11:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

I'm heading on career break to the UAE. Haven't sorted a job yet but if I do end up out there, it will be in Dubai or Abu Dhabi. All the contracts out there are for two years. It is possible that I'll probably come back home after one year though.

As far as I can see, it depends on the school as to what sanctions they would put on you if you left after one year of a two-year contract. My understanding is that some might just not pay for your flights home, some won't give you your end-of-year gratuity, some might not pay some of your summer wages?
    All that, I can handle, but has anyone heard of anything worse happening? Such as you having to pay for your visa costs? And if that is the case, how much would that set me back?

I know this should be detailed in the contract the school gives me but just wondering what the possibilities are and what people's experiences are?

Thanks!

Advertisement