Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Debit Cards

Options
  • 13-06-2012 11:26pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 770 ✭✭✭

What Irish bank will give a 13 year old boy an MasterCard or Visa Card. I all ready have an AIB Mastero/Laser card but it does not work on most online shops like amazon.co.uk.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,240 ✭✭✭Oral Surgeon

What Irish bank will give a 13 year old boy an MasterCard or Visa Card. I all ready have an AIB Mastero/Laser card but it does not work on most online shops like amazon.co.uk.

I don't understand... Why would a 13 year old need a credit card??
    A prepaid card might work??

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

I think the point is that the OP isn't looking for a credit card, but a debit card.

AIB plan to roll out Visa Debit later this year. BOI, Ulster and PTSB issue them also, but I can't speak if they would give them to account of holders of that age. Otherwise, as suggested a prepaid card like O2 Money etc might be an option

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

Ulster bank have visa debit.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

I was too busy counting my pubes at 13 to be worrying about debit cards. The times they are changing.

• Advertisement
Advertisement