Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Computer science alternatives?

Options
  • 13-06-2012 11:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭

I have CS down in the major universities of Dublin, but not sure I'm getting the points, especially with this sh!tty newfound love for technology courses.

Is there any alternative to get into CS in a university, if I only get say 350 points? (I have DIT&DCU, but in case they rise)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Noodleworm

DCU's computer application is pretty well respected. the only reason the points are low are because its a huge class, and has a high dropout rate due to the hard work required. nothing about it not being as good a degree.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Incompetent

Noodleworm wrote: »
    DCU's computer application is pretty well respected. the only reason the points are low are because its a huge class, and has a high dropout rate due to the hard work required. nothing about it not being as good a degree.

I'd love if I got DCU! I just have a feeling the points are really going to go up this year, between bonus points and people wanting jobs from it.

I was wondering if there was a way into a course like DCU's if I didn't get the points. Like a PLC or something

Advertisement