Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ST.ANGELA'S-accom?nightlife?-PLEASE HELP

• 13-06-2012 11:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Is anyone considering st.angelas sligo next year?
    I have irish and homeec as my first choice .

I havn't been to the college open day , I've heard alot of negatives about the college being very strict .
    can anyone tell me first hand what the nightlife is like?
    is the small classes a good thing ?

What is the social life like? Is the majority of the students attending st angelas more interessted in their studies than having a social life/going out? I'm just worried i won't like it or won't fit in ,since it's such a small college.

please help if you can !
    thanks !

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭ChemHickey

MichaelaH wrote: »
    Is anyone considering st.angelas sligo next year?
    I have irish and homeec as my first choice .

I havn't been to the college open day , I've heard alot of negatives about the college being very strict .
    can anyone tell me first hand what the nightlife is like?
    is the small classes a good thing ?

What is the social life like? Is the majority of the students attending st angelas more interessted in their studies than having a social life/going out? I'm just worried i won't like it or won't fit in ,since it's such a small college.

please help if you can !
    thanks !

Hello! I'm from Sligo so I might be able to help (if there's a forum for St Angela's I'd post there too)

It's a well respected college and its very good academically. The bad thing is its location. It's a bit out of the way and there is on campus accommodation but if you want night-clubs I recommend staying off campus. the bad thing about off campus is that its far enough from the college (bus journey I think every morning).

THe night life is grand once you know your spots and the people are friendly. I wouldn't worry about being nervous of being on your own, everyone will be like that too and you'll be fine. I'd recommend visiting the college though to make sure you want to go there as it may be a put off seeing how far it is from the town. It's in a nice tranquil spot though! =)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 MichaelaH

Thanks For Your Help.:o

Yeaa, I'm going to contact the college soon and hopefully organise to go see it.
    That should give me a better idea of the college etc. i hope :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭happywithlife

its been a few years since i was there and it has grown a lot since but ...
    you will not be going to college !! get that thought out of your head right now ==== it is (or at least was in my time ) more like a boarding school / secondary school :eek: bear in mind i was there in the nun's time :D
    having said that i loved every minute i spent there and made fab friends!
    i was lucky in that we had to live on campus in first year so we were all in the same boat which was great for home ec and all the hours of sewing etc ...
    but.... the oncampus accomodation has run into diffiiculties in the last year or two - think the developer that built the new campus is bankrupt or something but major issues there for the past couple of years so thread very carefully....
    but then again, if you live off campus, it will be very tough -- the work load is extremely demanding and the days are long - and because of the small class sizes you are defintely missed if not in class...
    contact the college and ask how best to proceed re accomodation - if you can get somewhere with other first years you;ll be a great support to each other.
    the nightlife was limited but great craic - like everywhere it is what you make it... the clubs are different now to when i was there but it was a great spot to go out in ... my friends used to come up from home (cork) and loved going out there!
    best of luck it ! pm me if you want any more details or if i can help in any way!

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭moonstruck

I've it down as my number one choice on the cao too :D hope i get the points :p

Advertisement