Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pink experiment books, corrected?

Options
  • 13-06-2012 11:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭

are the experiment books actually corrected?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Shane15

What pink experiment book? :eek: lol

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭Layzerman

As you probably know, some schools are randomly selected where inspectors are sent to make sure the pink books were handed up. I would imagine that they look through the books to make sure everything is in it, rather than the content. It's the Junior Cert and honestly I doubt they'd waste the time. I could be wrong, but that's just my guess.

I didn't do a pink booklet, I'm so confused. I did a white one though, where we did 2 experiments and wrote about them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭ektec

this is an experiment booklet,..which is pink covered :P you have to write up every single experiment that u did, and there is questions.. a lot of work

Right well I did not do that I don't think.. I was in hospital for 2 weeks so maybe my class did it then.. :( There is also a white booklet right?

• Advertisement

Isn't there a green one too? Or is that an old one?

Shane15 wrote: »
    Right well I did not do that I don't think.. I was in hospital for 2 weeks so maybe my class did it then.. :( There is also a white booklet right?

It's suppose to be done over the 3 years? It's worth 10% of the final grade?

You must have done it! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭BKC

Shane15 wrote: »

It would have been done over three years, not two weeks.

I guess my teacher just took the risk with us and didn't bother doing it...? Because I didn't do it and I don't think anyone in my class did.

we have ticked off in the green investigation booklet that we have completed them.. so why bother check that is already done, when the teacher corrects the answers?

• Advertisement

ektec wrote: »
    we have ticked off in the green investigation booklet that we have completed them.. so why bother check that is already done, when the teacher corrects the answers?

See Shane15 for a perfect example.

so is there a point in handing it up?

because it has already been corrected by my teacher? im not sure

Will I still get the 10%?

ektec wrote: »
    so is there a point in handing it up?

Yes. If they chose your school and you haven't handed it up you will get 0% instead of 10%.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Bazinga_N

We've been doing our experiments into a Scientific Experiment Copy since 1st Year.. :/ Anybody else done that?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

BKC wrote: »
    Yes. If they chose your school and you haven't handed it up you will get 0% instead of 10%.

Hold on, we have our Lab copy's in our school. These are separate hardback copies in which we wrote all our experiments in during the last 3 years.

This is what we are talking about right? lol I don't remember us transferring that info into another booklet!

We are talking about something along the lines of this:

Science-Experiment-Book.jpg

*Can come in different colours/editions.

Worth 10%.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Bazinga_N

Worth 10%.
    We just use A4 hardcover experiment copies in our schools :)

Phew! :L Ye had me worried :L

• Registered Users Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

Worth 10%.

Oh Thank God! I am relying on this to get me up a Grade :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

Just to confirm that they are not all corrected. what actually happens is inspectors go to schools and check a few just to make sure they are done. You will get your 10 percent. however the green booklets with two experiments have a marking scheme and will be corrected they are worth 25. 35 percent of exam done before you go in. hope it helps

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭xfabgalx

its the lab manual.

Advertisement