Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Psychology through Science in NUIM?

• 13-06-2012 11:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 923 ✭✭✭

Has anyone applied to this course, or know anyone doing it?
    In the long term I wanna be a psychologist and I can get it through this but the science aspect is putting me off. And maths. :(
    As far as I know there isn't any psych in first year at all, so I'm afraid my college years will be off to a miserable and difficult start.
    But its only 465 points, much lower than other courses.

Dilemma. :/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

You might get more help in the NUIM forum ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 46 xcorina

I AM IN YOUR EXACT POSITION OMG.
    I really want to do psychology but i'm starting to doubt that i'll get 500+ for trinity/ucd.
    Maynooth is lovely because you can get in through arts as well! but i'm not sure if i'd sacrifice my first year of college and be miserable.. just the thought of having to do maths again makes me want to die

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 923 ✭✭✭biohaiid

You might get more help in the NUIM forum ;)

Oh I never thought of that, thanks. :)
    xcorina wrote: »
    I AM IN YOUR EXACT POSITION OMG.
    I really want to do psychology but i'm starting to doubt that i'll get 500+ for trinity/ucd.
    Maynooth is lovely because you can get in through arts as well! but i'm not sure if i'd sacrifice my first year of college and be miserable.. just the thought of having to do maths again makes me want to die

UCD and Trinity are my first choices too!haha
    I dont think you can do it through Arts in Maynooth unfortunately.
    You can take it in first year buut it doesn't continue on to 2nd year etc. as far as I know :/
    I know, and I've only done pass maths and biology (which I found difficult enough) so I really dont know ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭fizzyorange

biohaiid wrote: »
    I dont think you can do it through Arts in Maynooth unfortunately.
    You can take it in first year buut it doesn't continue on to 2nd year etc. as far as I know :/

Actually the top 30 in the 1st year psych class (obv not including people doing denom psych) get to go into denom psych for the rest of their years in Maynooth. :) Same with NUIG.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 xcorina

Actually the top 30 in the 1st year psych class (obv not including people doing denom psych) get to go into denom psych for the rest of their years in Maynooth. :) Same with NUIG.

is it the same with arts in UCD? i thought it was, but i keep hearing different stories..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭fizzyorange

xcorina wrote: »
    is it the same with arts in UCD? i thought it was, but i keep hearing different stories..

Yeah I've heard from people that it is possible, but cannot find any solid information unfortunately. :/

Advertisement