Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aviva is chopping health benefits

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭ANXIOUS

jj05 wrote: »
    Aviva are cutting down the benefits in all plans by about 50% (effective 17th June 2012), while keeping the significant price increases they've introduced earlier this year.

http://www.avivahealth.ie/member-info/help/in-patient-benefit-change/

Quite sneaky, because so far it seems that they've managed to avoid the bad PR of the price increases. I didn't get any notification of the change, just saw it on the website.

I recently updated my health insurance and Aviva by far have the worst policies.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

That's pretty shocking alright. I'm presuming that affects everyone on those plans now, instantly and not just at renewal?

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭GermanicGalore

OMG, I didn't know this. And I just got a your memebership is due for renewal email from them last week. No mention of any changes!!

I am currently Everyday Level1.

Does anyone know a good place to compare health insurances?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

Ok so to anwser my own question I rang the HIA and the changes dont affect those currently covered. Changes will only occur to new customers or existing customers at renewal.

for comparing health insurance plans (and yes there's a myriad of options so be prepared) check out:
    www.hia.ie

Advertisement