Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My Xbox Live app now on android

Options
  • 14-06-2012 12:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭

Released today https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.microsoft.xle

And on the same day iOS gets and update to make it on par with the windows phone version where as us poor android using cousins get a bog standard version :mad:

fwiw : ios get xbox controls and media controls

Edit: forgot to mention the fact that it is 17.3mb and of course there is no move to sd support :(

Comments

I got a dashboard update day before yesterday.
    It's to do with the XBox Live app on iphone, allows you to launch games from iphone and share what you see with xbox live app (apparently it's coming soon)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

RVP 11 wrote: »
    I got a dashboard update day before yesterday.
    It's to do with the XBox Live app on iphone, allows you to launch games from iphone and share what you see with xbox live app (apparently it's coming soon)
    That dashboard update was just mostly background stuff and a few minor changes.

Meesared wrote: »
    That dashboard update was just mostly background stuff and a few minor changes.

It was also to do with preparing for Xbox live app integration, i did say coming soon.
    That's why you can't see anything on the dashboard, check the Xbox live app.
    It's already preparing changes, you can launch games already from the app.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Who makes an App that big and then doesn't allow it to be moved to memory card storage :mad:

Looks like I''ll staring at that 'phone memory low' notification for a while on my Desire

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

Had the "full" app for Windows phone, tbh its a waste of time. Controlling your xbox from your phone is novel but you'll use it the once then forgett about it.

The xbox needs to be powered on for it to work and you can only see the screen when in the same room so to use it effectivly you need to be in the same room as the xbox anyway mening your well in range of the controller defunking the app entirely.

Dont feel too hard done by is the moral of the story, its a waste of time.
    Maybe a diff story if the app powered on the xbox remotly and showed you the screen display through the app but thats not going to happen anytime soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭Undead

hightower1 wrote: »
    Had the "full" app for Windows phone, tbh its a waste of time. Controlling your xbox from your phone is novel but you'll use it the once then forgett about it.

The xbox needs to be powered on for it to work and you can only see the screen when in the same room so to use it effectivly you need to be in the same room as the xbox anyway mening your well in range of the controller defunking the app entirely.

Dont feel too hard done by is the moral of the story, its a waste of time.
    Maybe a diff story if the app powered on the xbox remotly and showed you the screen display through the app but thats not going to happen anytime soon.

That's a personal thought I think, I find I use the app on my Lumia 800 a lot.
    If I want to control my Xbox from across the room and my controller is out of reach, chances are my phone is close so I just use that.

Sounds lazy but I like it a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,711 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

• Track and compare your achievements with your LIVE friends
    • Change up your 3D avatar
    • Message your Xbox LIVE friends
    • Edit your LIVE Profile
    I never do any of these at the moment, why would I need an app to do it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

ColHol wrote: »
    • Track and compare your achievements with your LIVE friends
    • Change up your 3D avatar
    • Message your Xbox LIVE friends
    • Edit your LIVE Profile
    I never do any of these at the moment, why would I need an app to do it?

Let me think!?

Maybe cause some of us do? I do for once. Its fun to mess around with Avatar and message friends on Xbox live as well. Any time I get a message on Xbox I use my phone to reply, rather than using the controller , which is awkward

Its half the fun on an iPhone or even less on Android now cause none of the games have xbox live integration. When you have Xbox live games on wp7 its nicer cause its just like having a little portable Xbox with ya.

It's not really any better than some of the free third party apps doin this and to be honest I'm just going to go back to one of them until it gets some improved features simply because of the room its taking up on my phone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    It's not really any better than some of the free third party apps doin this and to be honest I'm just going to go back to one of them until it gets some improved features simply because of the room its taking up on my phone

can you recommend a reputable one? I'm very paranoid when it comes to giving log in info needed to make those apps work.

• Advertisement

calex71 wrote: »
    can you recommend a reputable one? I'm very paranoid when it comes to giving log in info needed to make those apps work.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ar.com.indiesoftware.xbox&hl=en

Had this one for ages, there's also a paid version of it. Can't say I've ever had any bother with it either. I don't really use them that much though, not much can be got out of an xbox app except looking at acheivements or checking messages imo and that can usually wait until you're near an actual xbox

Advertisement