Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Braveheart 2012 Trim Co Meath

Options
  • 12-06-2012 10:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭

Anybody else doing this Friday evening?? Anybody done it before, whats the course like?? Good value at €15 and a tech t-shirt.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭beeduybe

I'll be there. Ran it the last 2 years. An enjoyable race. The course is half grass, half trail through the Porchfields along the Boyne and by the castle with quite a few ups and downs so quite scenic but wouldn't consider it a fast course. There was even a Braveheart reenactment before the start too.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭umpire bat

The Trim Braveheart Trail Run will take place over a five kilometre course on Friday 15th June at 8pm. The event will be staged along the banks of the Boyne and will take in many of the medieval sites of the town through the Porchfields.There is a number of sites along the route featured in the film Braveheart. The course follows parts of the heritage trail of Trim are an excellent leisure resource which will prove popular with runners.There will be the usual category prizes for senior, junior and master runners. Trim AC are keen to encourage recreational runners & joggers to participate. The venue is 20 mins from M3 and M4.

2012 marks the 40th anniversary of Trim AC. We will have a technical fibre tee shirt for the first 500 entries.

Plenty of entertainment and refreshments. Chip Timing. Trim A.C. has chosen the Cystic Fibrosis Association of Ireland as its sponsored charity this year. Visit our webiste http://www.bravehearttrailrun.com/

A 1km race for children aged 10 - 16 will be held at 7pm. Entry €2 on the line, medals for all finishers...Details attached.

MEATH - WHERE HERITAGE COMES ALIVE

http://www.runireland.com/events/braveheart-trail-run-2012

Please support the races in the Meath Running League. ALL these races are organised by volunteers from local athletic clubs, they have Athletics Ireland permits and fulfill the standards and criteria set out by the sports governing body. These races are organised to support the development and maintenance of facilities for young athletes and make significant financial contributions to many local and national charities.

Cash prizes for male/female first 3 overall, first three male/female junior (u20), over 40, over 45, over 50, over 55. Spot prizes at random to finishers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

Thread open on this already, any chance they could be merged.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

21.16 this evening, very wet underfoot and knew after a mile sub 20 wasn't going to happen. Gary O Hanlon pipped for the win by 1 second in 16.07. Results up on chipit.ie but don't know how to create a link to it. Well done Trim AC on the race, well organised.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭kelle

When they called it trail run, they meant it - some of the participants were destroyed with mud :D

I enjoyed it, most of it was on grass (some of it marshy!) and I liked the little hills here and there.

While I did Bohermeen in under 30 mins, I was a little over for this one - it's great to be able to run 5km non-stop (I couldn't run 1km last January!), but I want to improve my time now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 faz1

was a great run not to lippy and the rain held off for the race. Thanks Tang1 for the info on chipit results-was able to get the results really quickly and didn't know about that website.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

tang1 wrote: »
    21.16 this evening, very wet underfoot and knew after a mile sub 20 wasn't going to happen. Gary O Hanlon pipped for the win by 1 second in 16.07. Results up on chipit.ie but don't know how to create a link to it. Well done Trim AC on the race, well organised.

Here ye go:
    http://chipit.ie/admin/admin/editor.php?action=read&id=354

Enjoyed it a lot, rain held off for the most part which was good.

Well done to the organisers, and also to those who provided the welcome refreshments in Sally's afterwards!

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭beeduybe

A tough but enjoyable race. Wasn't expecting to be running cross country in June but that's what it felt like for most of the race. The course conditions probably added at least a minute onto most peoples times so wouldn't get too despondent if your time didn't match earlier races. Well done Trim AC on a well organised event. Hopefully the weather will be more favourable next year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭kelle

• Advertisement

Thanks to all our supporters and sponsors for their assistance with
    Braveheart 2012. Please remember to support the businesses that support
    community groups and charities year in year out.

Kilsaran Home, Brogan's Trim, Nallys Supervalu, Trim Furniture Craft, Adrian
    Dunne Pharmacy, Express Company Formations, The Central Navan, Kavanaghs Motor Sales & Service, Gillens Londis,Aura Leisure, Sally Rogers, Coogan Meats, Scurlogstown Olympiad, Trim Drama Group, OPW Duchas, Trim Town Council, St Lomans Credit Union Trim, Christian Harris Scaffolding, Glenisk Organic, Bruce Betting, Fox Bookmakers. Thanks to Ollie Carty, ( Tri An Mhi) Brendan Meade (Meath Athletics) Gail Fitzgerald (Trim Scouts) for the much needed shelter from the storm on the evening of the race.

BIG THANKS TO ALL WHO TOOK PART. We look forward to seeing you all in the future.

Category Results

http://trimathletics.blogspot.ie/2012/06/category-results-braveheart-2012.html

Advertisement