Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone feeling Polyamorous?

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

The poll is missing the "I'm in one at the moment and very happy with it" option.
    My husband and I have an open marriage, and we enjoy it. Hearing what the other one gets up to is a major turn on for both of us :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Gyalist

Shenshen wrote: »
    The poll is missing the "I'm in one at the moment and very happy with it" option.
    My husband and I have an open marriage, and we enjoy it. Hearing what the other one gets up to is a major turn on for both of us :)

Someone will soon come along to tell you that you should have a sense of guilt about your relationship.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

Gyalist wrote: »
    Someone will soon come along to tell you that you should have a sense of guilt about your relationship.

Yes, I know the type.
    Usually people with little imagination, who will not contemplate the idea that people just may not all be into exactly the same thing.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Sound Bite

Depends on the set up:-

If I could have two men great but if I was one of two woman expected to share one man, no chance!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭Katgurl

Most hilarious thread I've read in a while, struggling with Christmas2012's take on this but anyway back to the OP...

defo not for me. I'm prone to jealousy and I find relationships hard anyway, in lots of ways i prefer being on my own (nobody to check in with, no need to compromise), I only get into one if i really really want to commit to that person & need him to feel the same... can't imagine being with someone knowing he was ok with me having the living daylights banged out of me by some other bloke.

having said that, i can fully believe that it works for other people and that doesnt necessarily involve one person being coerced or manipulated into it, I can even see that it could suggest more depth to a commitment if the couple involved were able to make it work.

But not me, not in a million years. I wouldn't be capable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

I think its everyones business being honest,if there are polyamourous relationships or cult like relationships being conducted it is SOCIETYS BUSINESS,as STDS is a serious concern..

What people do in their own bedroom is not societys god damn business you head case. They're 3 grown adults, they aren't hurting anyone, not me, not you and certainly not fúcking society in general!
    oh i have an idea of what im jabbering on about,i had a cousin who was in one of these ''relationships'' and she was deeply unhappy,and when she saw the light finally thanks to her family and real friends,she saw that he was a greedy lazy guy who didnt give a **** about how this polyamourous relationship affected her..

I had a cousin who went out with a prick too. Do you have a point?
    Did this guy abduct your "cousin" or did she just choose badly for herself?
    bluewolf wrote: »
    First it was "I saw a docu on it once", then it was "I had a cousin in one once", now it's "I've seen women in them"
    hmmm?

If you don't like it, don't do it

And the lions, don't forget the lions!!:D

This whole nonsensical ramble has an awful bang of "doctor a friend of mine has this nasty rash" off it if you ask me!
    If it didn't go well for you christmas, just chalk it down to experience and move on. You are not the world, and what works or doesn't work for you, does not neccesarily transfer over to what works and doesn't work for everybody.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭Hardonraging

Katgurl wrote: »
    Most hilarious thread I've read in a while, struggling with Christmas2012's take on this but anyway back to the OP...

defo not for me. I'm prone to jealousy and I find relationships hard anyway, in lots of ways i prefer being on my own (nobody to check in with, no need to compromise), I only get into one if i really really want to commit to that person & need him to feel the same... can't imagine being with someone knowing he was ok with me having the living daylights banged out of me by some other bloke.

having said that, i can fully believe that it works for other people and that doesnt necessarily involve one person being coerced or manipulated into it, I can even see that it could suggest more depth to a commitment if the couple involved were able to make it work.

But not me, not in a million years. I wouldn't be capable.

Relationships are tricky at the best of times, the ould green eyed monster can rear his head at any stage ..

Best to play it cool, ask no questions and you'll be told no lies... wise words peoples wise words ..

Advertisement