Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Contemporary Music Performance

Options
  • 14-06-2012 3:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭

Just looked on the website and saw that Ballyfermot College has a course in Contemporary Music Performance(Rock School).

Reading up on it, it seems to be a great course and right down my line of interests but I was always under the impression that Further Education colleges were for secondary school dropouts. I completed my LC, would I be overqualified for this course?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Clareh123

Yes, you would be qualified. I've heard the rock school is a savage course, there are some great bands in Dublin at the moment who did it. I think everyone on my HND in Ballyfermot (print journalism) had a leaving cert. I came to Ballier after dropping out of the Media Studies degree in Maynooth. It's a really friendly, down-to-earth college where you get to know your tutors and classmates really well. For media courses (and rock school, trad etc) you can do a 1 year honours degree in Media Production Management (accredited by DCU) after your 2 year HND. I've just (nearly) finished it and loved it.

Advertisement