Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Little Black Dress

• 14-06-2012 4:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,177 ✭✭✭

Do you have one?

...The essential every woman is said to need to complete her wardrobe.
    A simple, elegant black dress that can be dressed up or down depending on the occasion for daytime, cocktail or evening.

What style did (or would) you choose?
    For what occasions have you worn it?
    How do you accessorise it?
    How often do you wear it?
    Is it necessary? ... and versatile?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

I have tons of little black dresses, they're easy to wear and style, always there when you need something to put on! I have knee length, shorter, long sleeves, sleeveless, casual, formal, party styles.

I would wear them on nights out, dates, or during the day. They can be changed with accessories, shoes and jackets/cardigans. I have to wear black to work, so I wear a LBD most days with a cardigan and court shoes.

If you're thinking of buying check Zara and French Connection.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Rafaella

A little black dress is definitely an essential in any girls wardrobe, It can be dressed up or down and you will get so much wear for it. My own favourite is a black lace dress, loving the lace trend this year. I read the LWD (Little White Dress) is the 'must have' piece for the summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

I have one black dress. Last time I wore it was in November. Before that it was about two years ago! I tend to wear bright colours. I spent too many years as a tubster wearing all black so I try not to any more. It can be a very sophisticated look. But as I said, I try to avoid black.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,177 ✭✭✭Hope O_o

Twee. wrote: »
    I have knee length, shorter, long sleeves, sleeveless, casual, formal, party styles.
    If you're thinking of buying check Zara and French Connection.
    Thanks for the great ideas! I may need an elegant dress and probably a conservative one that can be dressed-up if need be ??? (I'm a little tomboyish and prefer understated). Thanks for the places to look - I peeked thru Zara's website and found some cute must-haves :)
    Rafaella wrote: »
    My own favourite is a black lace dress, loving the lace trend this year. I read the LWD (Little White Dress) is the 'must have' piece for the summer.
    Thanks for the trendy info. I know very little of styles and fashion. Good to know about LWD, will definitely check it out.
    Larianne wrote: »
    I have one black dress. Last time I wore it was in November. Before that it was about two years ago! I tend to wear bright colours. I spent too many years as a tubster wearing all black so I try not to any more. It can be a very sophisticated look. But as I said, I try to avoid black.
    I'm not much into black myself - I bought a brown gown last week, but felt out of place around some of the sophisticates in their formal black dresses... I'm grateful for everyones fashion advice. :) thank you

Advertisement