Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GT5 WiFi probs

Options
  • 14-06-2012 9:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭

Hi All
    I use my PS3 mainly for GT5 online racing.
    Over the last few weeks/months, startup of the game and navigation within the game have become crazy slow, creating a room online to race could take 20 mins.... was pulling my hair out .
    Then last night I said screw it and connected the PS3 directly to my wifi router with a cable and as if by magic it's cured everything.
    Just wondering what (if anything) my router was or wasn't doing to cause the problems, was there some configuration I should know about..

Cheers

HB

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

Do you know what nat type the router you had set up when you had it connected wirelessly?

If you had nat 3 that would have made it difficult to connect to people.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭hamsterboy

Chavways wrote: »
    Do you know what nat type the router you had set up when you had it connected wirelessly?

If you had nat 3 that would have made it difficult to connect to people.
    I don't know what nat it was using. How would I find out lol

HB

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭jaxdasher

hamsterboy wrote: »
    I don't know what nat it was using. How would I find out lol

HB

On your ps3 go to internet settings and check the status, scroll down and you should see what nat type you are on.

Advertisement